my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Props   » Janes WWII Questions

Author Topic: Janes WWII Questions
Tolwyn
Member # 1284

posted 02-12-2000 02:37 AM     Profile for Tolwyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey there!
Coming over from the Jet Forums. I have WWII fighters somewhere in my stack of CDs and plan on installing it here pretty soon... but I have to make room for it. So until I get around to doing that, I have a few questions I hope that you guys/gals could answer for me:

I didn't think there was a Mission Builder in WWII Fighters? Is there?

How do you make COOP missions in WWII Fighters? Can you play the entire game cooperatively? I'm in a HUGE LAN group and we play a lot of different games. Currently, it's F/A 18, but there are many of us that get together outside of our regularly scheduled meetings and we want to get into a WWII type game (either Janes or EAW; although, most of us have Janes).

I just need to know about the cooperative potential of Janes and about their mission builder... Thanks!!

Posts: 360 | From: WA, United States | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
Ronin
Member # 140

posted 02-12-2000 07:34 AM     Profile for Ronin   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Tolwyn:
Yes, WWII has a mission editor. I hear that its pretty powerful with event triggers and such. I recently bought WWII but haven't spent much time with it yet.

You'll want to check out WWII Online user forum at...
http://members.xoom.com/ww2f

Ronin
-------------------------------
Ronin's current SDOE project...

Nieport 17c.1

[This message has been edited by Ronin (edited 02-12-2000).]

Posts: 64 | From: Kentucky, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Judge
Member # 1634

posted 02-12-2000 11:13 AM     Profile for Judge     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yes, it is possible to fly co-op missions, as well as the usual head to head and team adversarial scenarios. A word of warning though: problems arise if you try to mix two or more players with AI in the same flight (up to four planes per flight, as many flights as you want per mission). In situations where you want to mix players and AI in the same flight, it's best for each player to be in their own flight.

www.alloutwar.com is probably your best source for information re: on-line and LAN play using WWII Fighters. They run ladders and leagues for various sims, including WWII Fighters.

The game does contain a very powerful, but in some ways limited, mission builder. As Ronin mentioned, http://members.xoom.com/ww2f is probably the best resource for building missions. Many of the best mission and campaign designers for the game are regulars there, so if you have any questions, just ask in the message board.

S.

[This message has been edited by Judge (edited 02-12-2000).]

Posts: 440 | From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
SneakyPete
Member # 1910

posted 02-14-2000 09:38 AM     Profile for SneakyPete   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I've flown up to 7 players in Coop missions in WW2 fighters on may occasions, and it works pretty well. The computer contolled friendly planes are mostly worthless though. For every live player the game will give you an AI wingman, so missions are best built with 16 planes. The mission builder has a very hard time working correctly when you try to make missions that require a takeoff, especially if its more than 4 planes, so your better off going with an air start when you make a mission. You will also run into random bugs in the game when playing coop, like your partners plane may sometimes never seem to stop shooting, other members may become invisible to you, ground targets may start flying through the air, or enemy planes may be unhittable. (new word!)

Don't get me wrong though, I love to play this game Coop, even with the bugs. Internet play works best when attacking ground targets, especially if using a modem. Warping can be pretty bad in air to air combat if your connection is not fast. Over a local net play is very smooth. I highly reccomend using voice comm. like Roger WIlco. when playing with friends.

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.