my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Props   » Luftwaffe Commander now available...

Author Topic: Luftwaffe Commander now available...
TroyAir
Member # 922

posted 01-31-2000 12:13 PM     Profile for TroyAir   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
as part of a 3-sim package deal for around $30 at CompUSA. SSI has compiled many of their most popular sims into 4 different packages. The package I bought was the "Ultimate Wargame Collection Volume 2: World War II", which comes with "Silent Hunter:Commanders Edition", "Luftwaffe Commander", "Panzer Commander", and "Fighting Steel". That's a sub sim, flight sim, tank sim, and surface ship sim (respectively). Inside the box, you get 1 warranty card and 4 cds (in a single 4 cd jewel case). Manuals are in Adobe Acrobat form, so you'll need to print them using your (or your company's) printer. Or you could memorize the commands. The other packages contain some of these games, and also "Su-27 Flanker : Commander's Edition" (not "Flanker 2") and "Fleet Command" I think.

Minimum system requirement is a Pentium 200, but that's for "Fighting Steel" and maybe "Luftwaffe Commander", both of which are Windows95-based games. "Silent Hunter" will run on a Pentium 100 just fine, in a DOS window, under Windows95. I'm not familiar with "Panzer Commander" but I know its a Windows95-based game but I'm not sure what its minimum processor requirement is.

Currently, SSI is offering a rebate of $20 if you buy 2 or more of their packages (rebate sticker on the box).

Just thought I'd pass the word along.

Troy

Posts: 78 | From: Tampa, Florida, USA | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
Casey
Member # 873

posted 01-31-2000 02:57 PM     Profile for Casey   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Troy:

Have you tried Luftwaffe Commander yet?

Posts: 636 | From: America | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
TroyAir
Member # 922

posted 02-01-2000 07:42 AM     Profile for TroyAir   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I just picked it up yesterday. I'll give it a whirl tonight. I mostly bought the package for "Silent Hunter: Commander's Edition" as I consider "Air Warrior 3" to be my flight sim of choice at the moment.
Posts: 78 | From: Tampa, Florida, USA | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.