my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Props   » Force feedback in Jane's WW II Fighters

Author Topic: Force feedback in Jane's WW II Fighters
C.J.R
Member # 2401

posted 01-27-2000 11:15 AM     Profile for C.J.R   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I don't get any force feedback effects in WW II Fighters. I have upgraded to version 1.08f. And enabled force feedback in the interface.

Have tried both a Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback Pro and a Logitech Wingman Force USB.

Both sticks give me force feedback in Mig Alley, EAW, Mech Warrior 3.

My system: Athlon 600, Voodoo 3 3500, SB Live Value, Liveware 3.0, Windows 98 se, Direct X 6.1a. (Have tried 7.0 to no diffrence.)

Any advise appreciated.

CJR

Posts: 52 | From: Norway | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Judge
Member # 1634

posted 01-27-2000 01:02 PM     Profile for Judge     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
CJR,

Check the FF settings in the ww2.ini configuration file in the main WWII Fighters directory. Ensure that FF is enabled in this file and try boosting the FF effect levels as well.

You may also want to try using some different IFR FF configuration files, some of which are available for download in the Downloads section of WWII Fighters Online at http://members.xoom.com/ww2f

Note that the FF effects in the game are actually quite disappointing.

S.

[This message has been edited by Judge (edited 01-27-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Judge (edited 01-27-2000).]

Posts: 440 | From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
C.J.R
Member # 2401

posted 01-28-2000 01:05 PM     Profile for C.J.R   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I checked out members.xoom.co.\ww2f.
Tried to use some of the IFR's I found there. It didn't work.

Then I downloaded the 1.07 patch. Uninstalled WWII Fighters and pathced with 1.07. THEN I GOT THE FORCE FEEBACK EFFECTS!
(previosly I had only the 1.08 patch).

I made a copy of the IFR file from 1.07. Installed the 1.08. patch, but used the IFR file created by 1.07. And now I have force feedback in 1.08.

If I don't remeber wrong the IFR file in 1.08 had a diffrent name. Could this be it?

The 1.08f patch is a complete patch is it not? Or do I need the preceeding pathces?

What should the IFR file for WW II Fighters be named?

I didn't get any rocket effects. But I got force feedback when dropping bombs.

Judge, thanks for your help and tipping about members.xoom.co.\ww2f, I found lots of stuff there for my WWII folder.

Regards CJR

Posts: 52 | From: Norway | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.