my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Jets   » WinXP compatibility.

Author Topic: WinXP compatibility.
tazfoster
Member # 9369

posted 12-04-2001 02:06 PM     Profile for tazfoster     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I am using Win XP and have found that it is not compatible with many of my games. There is a compatibility toolkit on the disk but it is about as useful as an ashtray on a motor-bike as there is nothing to tell you how to use it. There is also a program compatibility wizard but that doesn't work either. I have tried 3 games so far: Eurofighter Typhoon, Janes F/A-18 Simulator and Hogs of War. Typhoon won't let you past the first screen because the keyboard doesn't work . F18 won't let you past the 1st screen because it is not compatible with Win2000 (or so it tells me) and Hogs of war will let you into the game after a bit of mucking about but again, the keyboard won't work . Games that do play are Operation Flashpoint and Civ3 . Also I seem to have taken a frame rate hit, a big one. In Win98 my 3D Mark 2001 score is about 3000, in WinXP it is about 2500 . I am just getting to grips for now but can sombody help me?
Thanks
Phil Foster

Posts: 301 | From: UK | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
Canuck
unregistered

posted 12-05-2001 06:26 AM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Taz.........me smart like Dump Truck.......but may I suggest you post this up at the ready room (General discussion) and I'm sure Zhukov, Mane Raptor and the other computer wizzes can help you.
IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.