my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Jets   » Why no A-10 sim other than A-10 Cuba???

Author Topic: Why no A-10 sim other than A-10 Cuba???
KJSIMON
Member # 289

posted 06-05-2001 06:21 PM     Profile for KJSIMON   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I recently got an old issue of PC gamer mag from 2 yrs ago. It was an in depth article on the then forthcoming sim JANES A-10. According to Migman's web sit sim-museum Janes cancelled an almost compleated sim....too damn bad. Now there is no other newer 3D accellerated A-10 sim with the exception of USAF..which does NOT do justice to the venerable tank buster.

--------------------

KJSIMON

Posts: 84 | From: Miami, Fla | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Schatten
Member # 93

posted 06-06-2001 12:27 PM     Profile for Schatten   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
With the fly any plane patch in Falcon 4 you can fly an A-10 and there's a pretty nifty cockpit out for it.

Also I think in the new game from the guys that made Flanker the A-10 is also flyable.

--------------------

Yes I am a minion of the Devil, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

Posts: 2938 | From: Land of the Lost | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Spectre_USA
unregistered

posted 06-06-2001 12:50 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
There's good news for my fellow Warthawg lovers. LO:MAC is featuring a fully
modeled, flyable A-10 Thunderbolt II!

I used to wrench on these jets in the USAF, and have been upset that no GOOD sims have
come out for it. Check the reviews on this site.

IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.