my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Jets   » EUROFIGHTER TYPHOON U.S. distributor?

Author Topic: EUROFIGHTER TYPHOON U.S. distributor?
Spectre_USA
unregistered

posted 04-24-2001 05:06 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I see on Rage's site that it is s'posed to
ship on 4 May, which is just around the
corner. Is this going to be another one of
those months from now releases to us Yanks?

Quizzically,

IP: Logged
Overkill
Member # 5169

posted 04-24-2001 06:02 PM     Profile for Overkill   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yes, we have to wait. Rage informed me that he would be out a couple of months after the European release.

--------------------

Stephen

Specs: Lian-Li PC 60 case, Asus P4S333 DDR mobo, Intel 2.4ghz Northwood, 1gig of PC2700 333 Samsung, WD 1000JB SE, Lite On Burner at 40X, Lite On DVD and CD-ROM, 250mb Zip, SB Live!, VisionTek GF4 Ti4600, Windows XP Pro, Optiquest 19" and the Cougar HOTAS

Posts: 597 | From: Midlothian, TX, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
Spectre_USA
unregistered

posted 04-26-2001 12:52 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I got it!

"North American distributor for EuroFighter Typhoon, CombatSim.com!" Woo-hoo!

Just kidding Doug & Gail!

I thought it would be good for a chuckle. I just remember the months of wait for TAW.
It was not so bad then, as there were choices, but the only new pointy-nose Sims
I see on the horizon are this and LOMAC, ETA unknown...

IP: Logged
Admin
Administrator
Member # 1

posted 04-26-2001 04:36 PM     Profile for Admin   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Spectre_USA:

"North American distributor for EuroFighter Typhoon, CombatSim.com!" Woo-hoo!

I'm sure that'd go over well with the sim community

Sadly, the N.A. community will have to wait or go grey market (which the publishers just hate!).

Really, simming is a global phenomenon, so why developer / publishers continue to insist upon these staggered, regional release dates mystifies me. Oh, I've heard all the reasons and logic for why they do it, I still just don't think it's a good thing to do. They just encourage grey market sales and outright theft when they do that.

One publisher (who shall remain unnamed) actually had the stones to tell me we shouldn't publish our review of the U.K. release of one of their sim titles since it would damage their future N.A. sales! (The N.A. release date was still more than a month away at the time) Unbelievable! Yeah, I'll get right on the site and take that review down so no one in N.A. will know about it . . . give me a break.

--------------------

Douglas Helmer
Forum Administrator
[email protected]

Posts: 2792 | From: COMBATSIM.COM | Registered: Sep 99  |  IP: Logged
Rodger Bilko
Member # 2170

posted 05-15-2001 02:51 PM     Profile for Rodger Bilko   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Admin:
I'm sure that'd go over well with the sim community

Sadly, the N.A. community will have to wait or go grey market (which the publishers just hate!).

Really, simming is a global phenomenon, so why developer / publishers continue to insist upon these staggered, regional release dates mystifies me. Oh, I've heard all the reasons and logic for why they do it, I still just don't think it's a good thing to do. They just encourage grey market sales and outright theft when they do that.

One publisher (who shall remain unnamed) actually had the stones to tell me we shouldn't publish our review of the U.K. release of one of their sim titles since it would damage their future N.A. sales! (The N.A. release date was still more than a month away at the time) Unbelievable! Yeah, I'll get right on the site and take that review down so no one in N.A. will know about it . . . give me a break.

I couldn't agree with you more Doug,

I Don't like this staggering of releases ether. beyond the reviewers to the gamers it creates tribalism, envy, greed, oneupmanship!

I'm being silly again aren't I?

--------------------

"Thingmies? We don't need no stinking Thingmies"

Bilko's HQ

Posts: 6836 | From: Belfast. Northern Ireland. UK | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.