my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Jets   » Total Air War by Activision

Author Topic: Total Air War by Activision
brian
Member # 1540

posted 12-26-2000 02:11 PM     Profile for brian   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I just picked up this game in a 4 pack with other games. Is this game any good?

Thanks,

Posts: 22 | From: Chicagoland, IL | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
MonsterZero
Member # 5722

posted 12-26-2000 03:53 PM     Profile for MonsterZero   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I still have it on my drive. It's a lot of fun. Still looks good 3 years after the release and has the best dynamic campaign engine ever developed.

You will find the avionics and the flight model to be a little too simplified and Star Wars-like but since you are dealing with an ultra-modern fighter of the next generation you can accept it. This game used to be a mega hit and collected high reviewer scores.

TAW is great to get started on jet sims but I'm sure hardcore Flanker 2 and Jane's A/F-18 wouldn't touch it because its too easy to fly that thing.

DID (the developer of TAW) is dead, use Combatsim to find your patch for TAW.

Posts: 442 | From: Worth, IL USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
OpFoR
Member # 8616

posted 12-26-2000 11:48 PM     Profile for OpFoR   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
MonsterZero, weren't you a forum administrator on this site at one time, or do I have you confused with someone else?

Posts: 43 | From: Europe | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged
MonsterZero
Member # 5722

posted 12-27-2000 09:13 AM     Profile for MonsterZero   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm have never been an administrator of a gaming site.
Posts: 442 | From: Worth, IL USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
KJSIMON
Member # 289

posted 01-18-2001 07:42 PM     Profile for KJSIMON   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Still love TAW and F-22...I'm a HS History teacher will complete Computer 20" monitor and Saitek stick/throttle in my classroom...all my students come over to fly at lunch time and after school....I have EVERY PC sim there is ...but kids love TAW and Janes WWII fighters too.
Posts: 84 | From: Miami, Fla | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
biffbutkus
Member # 6786

posted 03-05-2001 07:40 PM     Profile for biffbutkus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Is there any way to manipulate certain parameters in the game? For instance, I want to change weapons speed, ranges etc.

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.