my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Jets   » Open Architecture the way to go for next generation sims?

Author Topic: Open Architecture the way to go for next generation sims?
Bonzonie
Member # 6287

posted 12-26-2000 06:13 AM     Profile for Bonzonie   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I love the way Microsoft adopted the way of open architecture for their flight sims. I think open architecture sims will attract more attention and eventually more money

What do you think?

For instance, I would never have bought FS2000 if it wasn't open architecture as I usally fly only small jets/props. Being able to download and add new planes is awsome.

Do you think this is a good way to make more money or is it just effort wasted?

I don't mean opening the source code or anything difficult like that(This would only let experienced people make their own files.) I mean letting other software companies make small easy-to-use software to make new planes, scenery, etc for the game (And opening/selling them to the public thus letting "normal" people to easily make their own add-ons and present them on a web page and such). Things like Abacus Flight shop for FS2000.

I am suddenly finding myself getting bored of making textures only .

I hope the next jet-fighter sim would adopt this way!

------------------
FS2K F-22 Raptor Support Page
Bonzonie's JF-18 Crazy missions and screenshot gallery

Posts: 246 | From: Yokohama city, Kanagawa pref, Japan | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.