my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Jets   » F/A-18 Hornet: Korea

Author Topic: F/A-18 Hornet: Korea
ChuteMaster
Member # 8798

posted 12-25-2000 06:05 PM     Profile for ChuteMaster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What's the opinion on this sim? I just tried the demo, seemed pretty good.

Thanks.

-John

Envelope
Member # 275

posted 12-25-2000 06:24 PM     Profile for Envelope   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I've run the demo and liked a lot. In fact I spent a lot of time with just the demo. The thing I like about it was it ran so well on my pokey 266 Celeron and Monster Fusion card. Jane's F-18 is bound to be more demanding on computer resources. If you have an older, slower machine and gotta fly F-18s, this could be it.
Posts: 2057 | From: Davis, CA, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
tony draper
Member # 519

posted 12-25-2000 06:26 PM     Profile for tony draper   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Liked that sim a lot,been a while since i had it on my h/d, but the carrier landing was great, don,t know how realistic, but if you had left it alone for a bit the landing was a bitch.
Posts: 1280 | From: england | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
ChuteMaster
Member # 8798

posted 12-25-2000 09:10 PM     Profile for ChuteMaster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Only problem is, I can't find it anywhere Nowhere to be found online, including eBay.

-John

tony draper
Member # 519

posted 12-26-2000 02:12 AM     Profile for tony draper   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Just had another though, i think it was only 3dfx for enhanced graphics 1024/****, i had 2 dm2,s 3dfx working sli.
It had one of the best 2d 3d wideangle cockpits yet. Also you get to drop the big one.
Had a quick look around for it, cant find it,hope i havent given it away.
Your question made me want to try it again.
I know i had two versions, the origional and a later version.
Dont know what they call the type of graphics it uses, its not photo realistic but i have always liked the way the building look more convincing and there seems to be a higher density of ground objects.

[This message has been edited by tony draper (edited 12-26-2000).]

Posts: 1280 | From: england | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
Rick.50cal
Member # 172

posted 12-26-2000 04:12 AM     Profile for Rick.50cal     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
http://www.graphsim.com/

They have it for a bit of money, bundled with Hornet 3...

Could be cheaper, but what the hey!!

------------------
Rick.50cal

Posts: 520 | From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.