my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Jets   » Looking for real data

Author Topic: Looking for real data
Dutch_Ghost
Member # 8803

posted 12-21-2000 03:00 AM     Profile for Dutch_Ghost   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Masochist that I am, its not enough to just bomb the targets....Iwant to do it the AF way.

So I'm building the calculation templates that will give you the distances and times required to fly the "official" bombing patterns (e.g., see MCC 11-F-16 v5, pages 181 onwards for pop-up attacks).

Building the spreadsheet to do the calculations wasn't that hard, but whats missing is 2 critical data elements.

One is the release parameters for each type of bomb (From TO 1F-16-34-1-2 Ballistics Tables) although all I/you really need is bomb range and release altitude.

The other is the actual ground level altitude of the various targets in Korea (all patterns require a certain altitude AGL rather than baro altitude).

Do any of you know how to get a "Dash 34" or the tables for it (assuming its declassified - I have no desire to be accused of espionage ;-> ). Comparable other documentation is of course also welcome.

Do any of you know where to get elevation data that would go with the maps of Korea?

For all the Theater builders out there reading this: elevation data for your terrains would be really useful in the briefing screens.

Thanks for any ideas.

Posts: 2 | From: London, UK | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.