my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Jets   » Opinion Needed......

Author Topic: Opinion Needed......
ChuteMaster
Member # 8798

posted 12-20-2000 10:10 PM     Profile for ChuteMaster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Comparing Flanker 2.0 vs. Falcon 4.0, which demands the most from a pc re frame rate?

I can run the Flanker demo ok on my pc, but you know how that goes

Pent. II-266
512 L2 cache
128 megs of sram
VooDoo 3 3500 16 meg, also have a GeForce Prophent II MX, 32 meg I could use if it would be better.

Thanks.

-John

Jedi Master
Member # 3223

posted 12-21-2000 07:20 AM     Profile for Jedi Master   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, that's kind of a loaded question. F2 requires more out of a PC GENERALLY. However, in campaign mode, especially with the latest realism patches, F4 can be slower.
The difference is F2's slowdowns seem to be graphics-related ie if you switch to an external view and look up at the sky, it gets smooth; look at the ground while flying over a town, it slows down. F4 is smooth in TE or instant action or dogfight modes, but in campaign it's slow no matter where or what you're doing--the CPU is busy working the war!
So, I'd say you could run either of them decently (not great, of course) except for F4's campaign with the realism patches. I have a P3-450 with a V5-5500/64MB card and 256MB RAM and I often have trouble with F4's campaign affecting my frame rates! F2 is fine for me.
The Jedi Master

Posts: 477 | From: Coral Springs, FL, USA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
ChuteMaster
Member # 8798

posted 12-21-2000 08:09 AM     Profile for ChuteMaster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ok, thanks for the reply. I figured it's kind of a hard one to answer, thanks again.

-John

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.