my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Jets   » NEED HELP PLS ... w/ F22

Author Topic: NEED HELP PLS ... w/ F22
philippe
Member # 8191

posted 11-26-2000 02:19 PM     Profile for philippe   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I am desperate
I am trying to run F22 on my computer (PII 350 w/ ASUS TNT 3400 grfx) and have tried every patch, every option, but I always get an error message just after terrain, weapons, etc. have finished loading :

"unknown variable name hudcol4 in SETVAR statement line 407"

and then it shuts down.

I have spent hours of great flight time with this game on my old computer, amd would give anything to be able to play again.

ANY IDEAS OUT THERE ??

THANKS.

Posts: 2 | From: WashingtON dc, USA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged
Moon Walker
Member # 2681

posted 11-26-2000 11:08 PM     Profile for Moon Walker   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This is a long shot since the crash that this fixes is usually at the beginning of the game, but here it goes.

Try turning the music off. Or reload the game and when you have the option to load the music, make sure it is unchecked.

The music sounds great in this game and I miss it. But if I had to choose between the music or playing the game I`ll pick the game. The music has been responsible for unstable game behavior in the past. Good Luck.

philippe
Member # 8191

posted 11-27-2000 07:03 PM     Profile for philippe   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks for your help, but unfortunately that was one of the first things I tried. No go...
Posts: 2 | From: WashingtON dc, USA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.