my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Jets   » Problems with F-15 thrust

Author Topic: Problems with F-15 thrust
MitternachtSturm
Member # 7971

posted 11-14-2000 01:02 PM     Profile for MitternachtSturm   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have Jane's F-15. I had a regular joystick/throttle until last Christmas. My girlfriend purchased the SFS Flight Controller with the separate dual throttle. (excuse me whilst I wipe the drool away) My problem is this: I can barely break 700 knots, full throttle, unloaded, at a -40 degree angle. Shouldn't I be able to get over 1000? Level flight I can get about 575-620 knots. I tried setting the throttle position in the setting mode, I have the afterburners coming on at about 85%, which is where my throttles click for them. Anything else I can try?

Jim

------------------
Jim Groves

Posts: 1 | From: Philadelphia, PA , USA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged
Fotzy
Member # 2108

posted 11-14-2000 04:03 PM     Profile for Fotzy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Midnightstorm,

You need to calibrate your throttle inputs, as well as the normal joystick inputs.

Go to START -> SETTINGS -> CONTROL PANEL -> and then I think it's GAME CONTROLLERS or something with a little joystick symbol on it. From there, you need to calibrate your joystick device. On that menu should be an option to either designate the throttle as existing (recognize it) and then, if it is already there, you must set it's 100% mark. I believe there will be that option - and with two red bars for throttles, not just one. It can also be recognized as your third-input/axis joystick, but that will give you only one bar, not two.

I'm not at home looking at my own computer at the moment. Sorry for being so imprecise.

I hope this helps.

Viel Glueck, und schreibe zurueck wenn das nicht richtig funktioniert. Vieleicht morgen kann ich dir weiter helfen.

Tschuess,

-F

Erich Schneider
Member # 1046

posted 11-14-2000 06:58 PM     Profile for Erich Schneider   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What you are experiencing is the fact that you are flying the F-15E, which is a much heavier plane than the F-15C. Also, the game models the less powerful of the two types of engines that F-15Es have been equipped with.
Posts: 123 | From: Pasadena, CA, USA | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
JimG
Member # 153

posted 11-14-2000 08:18 PM     Profile for JimG   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The F-15E is only 3,400 lbs heavier than the F-15C (empty weight). I saw an F-15E do a verticle climb a while back and was stunned! Obviously it was not loaded with gas and bombs, but it blew away my perceptions that it was a big sluggish plane. I have always felt (along with plenty of others) that the F-15E modelled in JF15 was underpowered. Due to the extra weight penalities, the Beagle is not as manueverable as an F-15C, but it is also not a flying brick.
Posts: 1012 | From: Columbia, S.C. | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
RSColonel_131st
Member # 7607

posted 11-15-2000 02:44 AM     Profile for RSColonel_131st   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi there....I think, the above suggestions are already good enough...dont know it better myself. What I wanted to ask: How of u guys here is german or knows at least the language...I was surprised by this "Midnightstorm" callsign.

have a good flight

Posts: 310 | From: Austria | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Fotzy
Member # 2108

posted 11-15-2000 12:13 PM     Profile for Fotzy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Die Deutsche sind ein gutes Volk, aber ich bin auch teilweise Oesterreicher - wir wissen schon das ist etwas noch besseres. Wie ein Deutscher, aber schaue noch schoener aus... ;o) (Nur ein bisschen Verarschen und Spass, Deutsche!)

But I live and study in the USA.

And what you all are saying about the Beagle/E-model/Mudhen (I like that last name) is true, ie: it's heavier, engines are not so powerful, and so on, so it won't perform like the F-15C does in other more video-game-ish gams or even on paper.

But I think that Midnightstorm may have another problem - he mentioned that his throttle would not go past 85%. I also got the impression that somehow his Mudhen was faster before his girlfriend got him that throttle, so that seems to be the most likely source of his difficulties.

Mitternachtsturm - I suggest you play with Window's joystick/throttle calibration settings and watch those red bars which indicate how much signal it's getting from your throttle. That should be a good start.

Viel Glueck, und pfiat euch!

--F

PS - who are the 131st?

[This message has been edited by Fotzy (edited 11-15-2000).]

RSColonel_131st
Member # 7607

posted 11-15-2000 01:37 PM     Profile for RSColonel_131st   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
SErvus! Bin auch Österreicher, freut mich, hier mal so einen zu sehen. die 131st sind die Wildcats, http://members.tripod.com/slider_131st/index.htm
Posts: 310 | From: Austria | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

© COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.