my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Jets   » Need screenshot of F-15 shooting down an F-14...

Author Topic: Need screenshot of F-15 shooting down an F-14...
warthog
Member # 4745

posted 11-04-2000 03:30 PM     Profile for warthog   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Can someone help me with a screenshot of an F-15 shooting down a F-14, I know this is strange request but, a Navy friend and I (I'm USAF) are having a discussion on which aircraft is the best in air-to-air combat. We have pretty much decided that the Tomcat would win in the long-range arena with the AIM-54 and the F-15 has the advantage in the mid-range with the AIM-120. The sticking point now it the proverbial "Knife fight" close in with AIM-9s and guns. I just want a shot to send him (he doesn't do sims) to get his goat! I have no sims with both these aircraft...any help would be appreciated! send to screenshot to... [email protected] ....and thanks  
Posts: 128 | From: Hill AFB Ut. | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
Cookie
Member # 836

posted 11-04-2000 03:53 PM     Profile for Cookie   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ok, IŽll try to get some pics for you (thank God for the fly-all-planes patch in F4), give me some time and IŽll get back to you.

------------------
You can run, but... why die tired?

Visit me at the Flightsim Cafe

Posts: 685 | From: Dortmund, Germany | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
Cookie
Member # 836

posted 11-04-2000 05:16 PM     Profile for Cookie   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I posted some pics in a new thread, go ahead and check them out. No actual combat pics yet, my computer crashed just as I wanted to take them. IŽm running out of time now, but IŽll get you the dogfight pics tomorrow.

------------------
You can run, but... why die tired?

Visit me at the Flightsim Cafe

Posts: 685 | From: Dortmund, Germany | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
warthog
Member # 4745

posted 11-04-2000 07:08 PM     Profile for warthog   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
thanks for the help cookie!
Posts: 128 | From: Hill AFB Ut. | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
Storm
Member # 1480

posted 11-04-2000 10:45 PM     Profile for Storm   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
warthog,

Man, you're killing me. I'm in an Eagle squadron out here at Eglin, and we laugh at the Tomcats all the time. Recently the GW was in the Gulf doing some pre-deployment stuff and we got to fight the F-14s. From what the pilots reported, the F-14s never knew what hit them until it was too late. They blew on through and never broke formation until the first few kill calls came over AWACS radio. Once they bleed off the energy and wings come forward, they're dead. Being a delta wing (wings back) prevents a quick return of lost energy. It's good for about 1 turn, and then BOOM, you've got them. Hope you get your picture. See ya!

Storm

------------------
"When Gorillas fly, Migs die!" 58th F.S.

Posts: 606 | From: Crestview, Florida USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
Stinger
Member # 15

posted 11-04-2000 11:27 PM     Profile for Stinger   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Don't forget that the Phoenix was designed to hit low maneuverability bomber sized targets.

Here are some pics...courtesy of Flanker 2.0

The Prey

The Hunter

The Merge

Rounds on Target

The Kill

RTB

All screenshots are from Flanker 2.0

------------------
Cheers,

Stinger

Owner of the Flanker FBO
http://stinger.flanker-arena.com

[This message has been edited by Stinger (edited 11-04-2000).]

Posts: 356 | From: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Mad Jack
Member # 6289

posted 11-05-2000 06:57 PM     Profile for Mad Jack   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Absolutely **** -hot. Which terrain add-on is this?
Stinger
Member # 15

posted 11-05-2000 10:41 PM     Profile for Stinger   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Crazy Dutchman, PaleRider's terrain/water with Cellos clouds.

Terrain here: http://users.bart.nl/~willem/

Terrain and Clouds here: Check Six website
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/dogavitch3/textures1.htm

Get the high res terrain(20MB) and to download the files click on the Russian embelm above each picture.

------------------
Cheers,

Stinger

Owner of the Flanker FBO
http://stinger.flanker-arena.com

Posts: 356 | From: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

© COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.