my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Jets   » NEED HELP FROM ANY CHEM ENGINEER!!!

Author Topic: NEED HELP FROM ANY CHEM ENGINEER!!!
SnakeIz
Member # 6044

posted 10-12-2000 09:32 AM     Profile for SnakeIz   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I know this is a strange request, but me and a couple of my buddies are trying to translate some Russian chemical formulations for fuel so we can modify some jet fuel to work with a couple of Russian jets we fly on the weekends. If there is anybody out there who can help, please let me know!!
heck, even if you know somebody that can help that would be good!

Thanks,
SnakeIz

asdffff
unregistered

posted 10-12-2000 03:13 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i doubt any amount of converting that could be done by someone that doesnt know much about chemical engineering would be feasible. unless you want to convert the fuel 100mL at a time with some graduated cylinders.

to convert it feasibly you'd probably need some pretty heavy equipment, condensers, boilers, separators, employees, your own chemical processing company etc. stuff that you probably couldn't afford

IP: Logged
SnakeIz
Member # 6044

posted 10-12-2000 03:36 PM     Profile for SnakeIz   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Actually, Asdiff we need to convert some Diesel2 to jet fuel which is a common thing.
We have run into an incredible deal on the D2, but we just need some help translating some of the acceptable fuel viscocities, sulphur levels, etc.
quote:
Originally posted by asdffff:
i doubt any amount of converting that could be done by someone that doesnt know much about chemical engineering would be feasible. unless you want to convert the fuel 100mL at a time with some graduated cylinders.

to convert it feasibly you'd probably need some pretty heavy equipment, condensers, boilers, separators, employees, your own chemical processing company etc. stuff that you probably couldn't afford

LeadHead
Member # 184

posted 10-13-2000 03:42 PM     Profile for LeadHead   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Why don't you guys just go ask Sukhoi in Russia or whoever manufactured the planes?

------------------
Lead-Head's Simulation Site:
http://fly.to/lead-head

Posts: 775 | From: PiteŚ, Norrbotten, Sweden. | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
SnakeIz
Member # 6044

posted 10-13-2000 03:55 PM     Profile for SnakeIz   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Believe it or not, LeadHead, one of us was over in Czechloslovakia about a month ago and tried to get the "company boys" to answer some questions for us but had no luck.

quote:
Originally posted by LeadHead:
Why don't you guys just go ask Sukhoi in Russia or whoever manufactured the planes?

The Whistler
Member # 4609

posted 10-13-2000 04:02 PM     Profile for The Whistler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Czechoslovakia last month??? It hasn't been a country for a while...
Posts: 1736 | From: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada [email protected] | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
RSColonel_131st
unregistered

posted 10-14-2000 01:37 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Dont know if i can help u, but I'm at least a chemical enginner. Search my in ICQ with my Email [email protected], or mail me
IP: Logged
SnakeIz
Member # 6044

posted 10-16-2000 08:55 AM     Profile for SnakeIz   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
He was over there at some airbases. Sorry if I do not know what the current same of the place is. He said that two guys with AKs followed him around and were very specific on what and where he could do (although he had clearance).

He was looking at an L39 we are having shipped over.

quote:
Originally posted by The Whistler:
Czechoslovakia last month??? It hasn't been a country for a while...

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

© COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.