my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Jets   » EF2000 v.2.0 with 3dfx / Probs ??..??

Author Topic: EF2000 v.2.0 with 3dfx / Probs ??..??
teitof
Member # 6920

posted 10-10-2000 03:20 PM     Profile for teitof   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
hi all,

just got, after a long time searching for it,
a version of ef 2000 version 2.0 (i own since
some years already the super-ef-2000 version for windows) because i really want to try it
with edfx-mode.

b u t, unfortunately i have problems to get
the game to run (ok, guys, i know that this
is known, and that all the people say "play it in the windows version without 3dfx-acceleration", but i r e a l l y want
to play the game with 3 dfx.......)

the installation works, also starting the game is ok, then i get to the start-picture
where i can choose whether i want to fly
a campaign, training, single lesson, etc....)

so far, so good, b u t when i then want to start flying the game loads as normal, but as soon as i should sit in my ef 2000 i only see
yellow and blue quadrats.

please, help me to get the game running, i
was looking so long for this version of
ef 2000, but now i am a bit dissapointed.

if you have any idea (pls don't tell me to
forget it and play the windows version.....
i really think about getting a used rendition card to play this game accelerated, i would
give a lot of bucks to get the game run..)

so, any ideas or solutions

many thanks
werner

p.s.: sorry for my english, but i'm from
germany.....

Posts: 7 | From: Germany | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
Heretic
Member # 722

posted 10-11-2000 06:58 AM     Profile for Heretic   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well if you use voodoo 5 (due to your post above) forget it ...
The new voodoo 3dfx is way beyond what ef2000 3dfx has been... it was meant to voodoo 1 and 2.. People with voodoo 3 already had non solvable problems...
So i think youŽll have to play non 3dfx...
i too miss the game miss it so much...

Heretic

Posts: 546 | From: Brasil, Rio de Janeiro | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
Tracer
Member # 259

posted 10-11-2000 07:48 AM     Profile for Tracer   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sorry to say this but i have Super EF2000 on my PIII500 in software mode and EF2000 G+(3DFX) on my old P200 with a Voodoo1

Out of the two i prefer the Super EF2000 graphics?

The V1 just looks too smooth.........and the smoke trails from the missiles are better software?

Tracer

------------------
"Flying is the second greatest thing known to man!
The first is landing!!"

Posts: 681 | From: Edinburgh,Scotland | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
teitof
Member # 6920

posted 10-11-2000 08:34 AM     Profile for teitof   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
hi,

thanks for reply, but as i mentioned in my
posting, i indeed have a voodoo-1 card in my computer. so i think it should work with
this card, but it does not (as described
above....in my first posting)

again, any ideas to solve my problem ??

thanks,
Werner

Heretic
Member # 722

posted 10-11-2000 08:45 AM     Profile for Heretic   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
OWOWOWOWOWOOWoooowwww

You got a Monster 1 and 5 in the same computer....yuuuu
Your asking for trouble....
Anyway unless you have diferent boot partition (one that force Monster 1 drivers)thing wonŽt work...
I suppose (but are not sure) that the monster one is detected by sef2k, so things go smoth on 2D (probably because the soft havenŽt much changed 2d is still 2d anyway).
But when its gonna go 3d (monster1) it probably find the monster 5 drivers, and that when thing go messy i suppose you can understand why....

Heretic

teitof
Member # 6920

posted 10-11-2000 12:08 PM     Profile for teitof   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
hi heretic,

whats up, i never said that i have a voodoo 5 + 1 in my system ......

my specs are: athlon 800, 256 mb ram, geforce 1 (elsa erazor x), a n d,
in addition, my old voodoo 1 card (diamond
monster)

so, if anybody has an idea, let me know

thanks
werner

Heretic
Member # 722

posted 10-11-2000 01:03 PM     Profile for Heretic   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Gheezzz,

i mest have forgotten to take my pills ...
Sorry i messed up something somewhere....
well i donŽt have any idea of what to do as i never tryed combo card on any of my comps...

lack of funds ... heheheh

Heretic

Tracer
Member # 259

posted 10-12-2000 07:16 AM     Profile for Tracer   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
First off i have *only* had combo's of standard Graphics cards for 2D work...way back the only card i had then that was sort of 2D/3D was the Matrox Mystique1 running with a Diamond MOnster Voodoo1(which is what i have on my old P200 and EF2000G+)

Nowadays obviously they are all 2D/3D cards,which are seriously fast! Running the GeForce with a V1(which with EF2000G+ is the dominant card.
May be your problem?)
Do you have *old* drivers installed for your Monster V1?(i have)Though you have a serious amount of Horse Power to run G+ that it might be just toooo fast if and when you get it running!(it is fast enough on my old P200!)

Tracer

------------------
The first is landing!!"

mbaxter
Member # 191

posted 10-12-2000 03:48 PM     Profile for mbaxter   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I agree with Tracer software rendered EF2000 is better than 3dfx version. Have played both and find Super EF2000 much more pleasing to the eye. 3dfx version looks too cartoonish and missile trails are inferior.

Forget all this crap about configuring the 3dfx version. On the same cd you can choose the option "Install for Win95". Do that and you'll get Super EF2000 which is also native to Win9x so that means your sound and joystick will work effortlessly (pain in the arse to configure sound/joystick in 3dfx version 'cause it runs in DOS environment).

By the way Tracer - please point me to the Revive32 mod for EF2000.

Also guys, I have a campaign mod for EF2000 which can be downloaded here: http://home.swbell.net/mbaxter2/ef2000.htm

Posts: 1687 | From: USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Tracer
Member # 259

posted 10-13-2000 05:27 AM     Profile for Tracer   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ok *Once and once only!*

I will post you the ReViVe32 if you leave your email mbaxter ----<no more calls for it please>---- I have posted it to several people on the other post.....hassle them please and share the load amongst us

I used to have links for a lot of EF2000 sites,but they are all dead now (any appreciated mbaxter?)
Thankgod i bought a CD-WR and have several EF2000 Utils backed up! Bloody priceless piece of hardware

The ReViVe32 util allows you to have whatever enemy/friendly planes even a MORPH util! you want in the campaign..all through a fantastic GUI and repair/Nuke bases as well as the *Best* pilot log for EF2000.......in short the ultimate add-on.

So you *never* have to mess with campaign.cfg
again

Tracer

------------------
The first is landing!!"

mbaxter
Member # 191

posted 10-15-2000 09:46 PM     Profile for mbaxter   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
[email protected]

thanks!

mbaxter
Member # 191

posted 10-17-2000 05:36 PM     Profile for mbaxter   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Up!

Didn't want to let you forget about me Tracer.

Tracer
Member # 259

posted 10-18-2000 08:41 AM     Profile for Tracer   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It should be in your (e)mail box as i write this mbaxter!

Tracer

------------------
The first is landing!!"

Bulldog
Member # 370

posted 10-18-2000 09:40 AM     Profile for Bulldog   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Mbaxter,
Can you put the Revive util on your website so that others can download it without bothering Tracer or anyone else by e-mail?

Thanks,
Bulldog.

Posts: 120 | From: San Jose, CA, US | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
mbaxter
Member # 191

posted 10-18-2000 05:11 PM     Profile for mbaxter   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Tracer - I got it. Great utility, thanks. I only wish I'd known about it sooner, before I went and reinvented the wheel!

Bulldog - REVIVE32 is now on my site at: http://home.swbell.net/mbaxter2/REVIVE32.zip

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

© COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.