my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Jets   » Janes F-15 and geoforceII GTS

Author Topic: Janes F-15 and geoforceII GTS
RchrdTon
unregistered

posted 09-22-2000 10:04 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i have janes f-15 and just installed a hercules 3d prophetII gts. the graphics are really bad and the game constantly pauses. ive installed all the patches and have the latest drivers for my video card. any sugestions?? tks
IP: Logged
*Slick*
Member # 6903

posted 09-23-2000 02:36 AM     Profile for *Slick*   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi,

What drivers are you using for your GTS.....cause i have the Guillemot Prophet 2 GeForce 2 GTS 64MB and im running on the Detinator 5.22 drivers and its just dandy....if you are using the 32 bit it shouldnt affect it due to the fact that the GTS in itself will handel F-15 with ease

------------------
Good Hunting,

Slick

Barron
Member # 325

posted 09-23-2000 06:50 AM     Profile for Barron   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Janes F15 has poor D3D implementation (from the 117 patch). Anyone who says otherwise has never seen it run in glide without the 117 patch. This figured somwhat in my decision to go with a V5 vs Geforce. I previously had a TNT2 Ultra/Voodoo2 combo so I know of your card's attributes. The V2 was to support glide only games (or games that looked best in glide). F15 on my V5 at 4x FSAA has turned this into a new game for me.
The latest beta drivers have fixed the no HUD info problem at 4x FSAA in this game. Aside form this, I get 100% compatibilty with my games, AFAIK.

If you really love F15, my advice to you is get a V2 (they're cheap now) and patch to 112 only. I think that the 117 patch screws up glide API somewhat (at the expense of giving you crappy D3D).

Barron out

[This message has been edited by Barron (edited 09-23-2000).]

Posts: 392 | From: Greenville, North Carolina, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.