my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Jets   » Typhoon preview!

Author Topic: Typhoon preview!
Tracer
Member # 259

posted 09-19-2000 01:36 PM     Profile for Tracer   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
PCZone #95 Nov 2000.
Has a two page "Top story" on Typhoon. Don't get too excited as it's more or less all the info we know already same goes for the pics.

Just thought someone might like to know?

Release date: End of 2000(is also what they quote)??????????

Tracer

------------------
"Flying is the second greatest thing known to man!
The first is landing!!"

Posts: 681 | From: Edinburgh,Scotland | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
h.arrier
Member # 4678

posted 09-21-2000 07:06 PM     Profile for h.arrier   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
got mine today...good screenshots but nothing new.Personally, I would hope the sims on the shelf before the real aircraft enters service! Was it at leuchars on saturday?
all the best
Benno

Posts: 238 | From: Cottesmore,UK | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
Viper18372
Member # 6383

posted 09-22-2000 07:45 PM     Profile for Viper18372   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
End of 2000, you believe that, lol. I would [knowing these game companies] estimate this way. If it is pre-alpha add 4-8 months to the expected release date. Alpha then add 2-4 months. Beta add 2weeks-2 months to the release date.

Too tell you the truth all this is, is a Euro USAF. No hardcore gameplay now "really" revolutionary graphics. Just an attempt to try to get the Hardcore and the Rookie crowd one good sim (when will they ever learn, this doesn't work!!!).

Posts: 171 | From: NY, USA | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged
Victor
Member # 249

posted 09-23-2000 12:19 AM     Profile for Victor   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Viper18372:
End of 2000, you believe that, lol. I would [knowing these game companies] estimate this way. If it is pre-alpha add 4-8 months to the expected release date. Alpha then add 2-4 months. Beta add 2weeks-2 months to the release date.

Too tell you the truth all this is, is a Euro USAF. No hardcore gameplay now "really" revolutionary graphics. Just an attempt to try to get the Hardcore and the Rookie crowd one good sim (when will they ever learn, this doesn't work!!!).

Back in August I believe DID submitted a Gold candidate release to Infogrames. So the game is way past the alpha stage I presume. Q1 2001 (the last I heard from on the EF-2000 list) seems a reasonable target date. In fact October of this year was the original date being thrown around.

Finally why can't a middle of the ground sim NOT work..as long it's it's done right. Seems to me the majority of people who enjoy sims fall right the the middle of the extremes of Falcon 4 and some sim from Novalogic. All that matter is what the sim has to offer in terms of gameplay. EECH isn't exactly the most hardcore helo sim out there; yet it seems to be praised by lots of people.

No..Typhoon ISN'T EF-2000 v3; and it isn't being marketed as such. BUT..if they can avoid some of the nagging problems that popped up in TAW; the sim should work out fine. The inclusion of a fully dynamic campaign with a ground war doesn't hurt the game either.

Finally..OK, so the graqpics aren't "really" revolutionary. They looked pretty nice from what I saw in the video they released. Besides, I bet the thing will NOT require at top of the line, high end system to run well.

This is my 2 cents of course.

Posts: 236 | From: New York, NY | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Tracer
Member # 259

posted 09-24-2000 08:03 AM     Profile for Tracer   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by h.arrier:
got mine today...good screenshots but nothing new.Personally, I would hope the sims on the shelf before the real aircraft enters service! Was it at leuchars on saturday?
all the best
Benno

How did you here about that Benno?
When i got to Leuchars (i had to double up with friends because of the fuel problem)i was perusing the statics when i noticed a stall laid out with Eurofighter G-suit,Helmet etc. So i said to the two pilots "never mind the the badges,stickers why isn't the real thing here!" He said "watch out around lunchtime as it is maybe going to perform a display??"

There was also a full size mock-up which you could sit in-once you waited for about 3 hours in the queue.....which i didn't!

Sure enough the Typhoon appeared! Jesus that plane is severily aerobatic!! It was like it was flying along a piece of wire.....that compaired to the Mig-29,F-16,Mirage 2000,Draken,Viggen etc,etc. Alas though, as quick as it appeared it was over
Fantastic experience to see it though and i have it on camcorder

Highlight of the day: Watching the C-17 Globemaster performing it's STOL.....like close encounters of the third kind!!!!!!!!!!!!(was the sky flying and the plane standing still sort of thing)

shut the gates at 1.00pm 70,000+ record crowd

Cheers
Tracer

------------------
"Flying is the second greatest thing known to man!
The first is landing!!"

Posts: 681 | From: Edinburgh,Scotland | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
h.arrier
Member # 4678

posted 09-26-2000 01:11 PM     Profile for h.arrier   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
tracer...
just a good old fashioned guess...
The aircraft is positively awesome and will be the best fighter that the RAF and other user nations have operated in a long while.Viva Typhoon, the pre production t-bird can go m1.0 and above at military power imagine the single seat performance....theres going to be some very lucky people flying this thing!

cheers
benno

Posts: 238 | From: Cottesmore,UK | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.