my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Jets   » Super EF2000 and V3?

Author Topic: Super EF2000 and V3?
rudra0
Member # 2550

posted 09-12-2000 01:28 PM     Profile for rudra0   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hello everyone,
Could someone tell me if we can play Super EF2000 with a V3? I still have my old V1 machine lying around and could dig it up, but I'd like it to run on the new guy with 3dfx graphics. I've played the damn sim for more than 2 years every day till ADF came out. Now I'd like to go back...dodging Russian missiles in the Fjords..Whoo Hoo!

Zhukov
Member # 4446

posted 09-12-2000 02:45 PM     Profile for Zhukov   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Super EF2000 doesn't come with 3DFX accelerated graphics. It's a pure unaccelerated Win95 product. You may be thinking of EF2000 v2.0, which comes with the GFX+ version as well as the Win95 version. Unfortunately, I don't think the accelerated version will work with your V3. BUT, I find the unaccelerated graphics in the Win95 version to be great anyway, so I'd suggest installing the Win95 version and start dodging those Russian missiles!

Zhukov

------------------
"A man, a plan, a cat, a ham, a yak, a yam, a hat, a canal -- Panama!"

Posts: 4315 | From: Montreal, Quebec, CANADA | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Heretic
Member # 722

posted 09-12-2000 03:04 PM     Profile for Heretic   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey zukhov,

Dont you have another saying to sign???
This one is pretty used and sucks a lot...
No offend but blaaaaa...

Heretic

Posts: 546 | From: Brasil, Rio de Janeiro | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
Zhukov
Member # 4446

posted 09-12-2000 06:53 PM     Profile for Zhukov   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

Zhukov

------------------
"A man, a plan, a cat, a ham, a yak, a yam, a hat, a canal -- Panama!"

Posts: 4315 | From: Montreal, Quebec, CANADA | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
rudra0
Member # 2550

posted 09-13-2000 12:01 AM     Profile for rudra0   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi everyone,
Just installed Tactcom on my machine - in DOS mode of course. I'll have to make a boot disk in due course if I want to continue playing. I get thrown back to the desktop at times with a overflow error. If I'm not mistaken, this was related to not having sufficient RAM. Am I right? Also, I tried installing Graphics + and ran it in '98. I get a message " ERROR: grSstQueryHardware() failed. ". I swear I've seen this message before and also overcome it. Anyone have any suggestions? I have a V3 and in all probability Gfx+ will not work, but it's worth a try. Thanks..

V3 problem?
unregistered

posted 09-14-2000 11:05 AM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Short of re-wiring your card and Pc..it wont work..I tried everything..
IP: Logged
mbaxter
Member # 191

posted 09-14-2000 02:16 PM     Profile for mbaxter   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
rudra0 - forget the 3dfx version. Just install using the option "EF2000 for Win95". This installs SuperEF2000. This version runs native to windows and will work with modern hardware including USB joysticks and PCI soundcards, whereas the 3dfx (DOS) version won't.

SuperEF2000 looks just as good anyways. Also be sure and get the mod for realistic order of battle in the campaign: http://home.swbell.net/mbaxter2/ef2000.htm

Posts: 1687 | From: USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
rudra0
Member # 2550

posted 09-14-2000 05:35 PM     Profile for rudra0   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
MBaxter:
Unfortunately, I do not have Super. I returned it to EB after I found out that 3dfx support was not there for V3. And now EB is out of stock. If anoyone's selling it I'd be very interested. But I have tactcom. It works fine in '98 DOS mode, just need to make a boot disk and the sound is slightly less than optimal. The basic problems is that I have a 21 inch screen now. And playing EF full screen one notices the abcense of 3dfx - especially in the pixellation in the distance and some melting in the terrain which would not be very visible on a smaller monitor. But oh, well, beggars can't choose. And I will pick up your campaign. Sounds like fun.

Thunderbolt 214th
Member # 5851

posted 09-21-2000 09:34 PM     Profile for Thunderbolt 214th   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
ahhhhh....

you make me wanna install it again...........

as a EF2000 LAN veteran I still feel the fire
of a Hot camapaign on LAN.

BTW, I loved the respawing of the planes,
cannonfodder LOL

I agree with SEF2000 being the best chioce among the available versions.
Forcing FSAA via driver ( nvidia ) may also
improve the graphics.
I dont know the exact FSAA sample at 16 bit
at that res. but 8x8 might be possible on a 32 MB card @ 640x480

Does anyone have a file for a TM-F22 Combo
( with Bob Churchs digital upgrade ) ???

if yes, please share with me thx

Tb 214th Annihilators

Posts: 9 | From: Germany | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
nigel
unregistered

posted 09-23-2000 12:07 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I tried all available V3 options for the GFX+ update but the error message will not go away. As pointed out above - I'm pretty sure now it will never work! I also tried putting my lovely V1 back in the PC (I know, it just looks so nice and shiney and was my first proper accelerator!) but there are even problems running this on a 700 celeron even with the correct selection of the accelerator. Probably a timing thing - as explained to me before by someone helpful. Still as pointed out SuperEF2000 is still great and reliable.
IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.