my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Jets   » Your Dad's Flight Sims

Author Topic: Your Dad's Flight Sims
MonsterZero
Member # 5722

posted 09-10-2000 12:02 AM     Profile for MonsterZero   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I don't know how many of you have been to Migman's Flight Sim Museum, but it's a place worth visiting. Well written articles about various flight simulations from late 1970s to the present and featuring priceless screenshots.

Migman is a very dedicated and passionate aviator from Austria who had been flight simming before some of you were born. He gets involved in real-world aviation events and, as far as I know, uses home-built cockpits. He is also very active running various flight simulation web sites.

For the work on the Flight Museum he enlisted folks from all around the world, including a few game design celebrities.

Some of the games he listed still need a review so if you feel like getting involved you can write an article and Migman will be happy to post it. I wrote a few essays for Migman myself.(Tomahawk, Fighter Pilot, Ace of Aces)

http://www.migman.com.au/ref/simhis/index.htm

[This message has been edited by MonsterZero (edited 09-10-2000).]

Posts: 442 | From: Worth, IL USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
The Whistler
Member # 4609

posted 09-10-2000 08:00 AM     Profile for The Whistler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yes migman... his site is great. Pretty fast for something from Austria ! So does RAAF stand for Royal Austrian Air Force now???
Posts: 1736 | From: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada [email protected] | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
LeadHead
Member # 184

posted 09-10-2000 12:37 PM     Profile for LeadHead   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That would be Australia, wouldn't it?
Posts: 775 | From: PiteŚ, Norrbotten, Sweden. | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Hornet_85
Member # 6156

posted 09-10-2000 02:50 PM     Profile for Hornet_85   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Some of these posts really make me crack up sometimes. !!
Posts: 198 | From: Hamilton, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged
Billzilla
Member # 34

posted 09-11-2000 04:05 PM     Profile for Billzilla   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Err .. yeah - AUSTRALIA!!

FWIW, I'm the guy that sent in the details on the Sublogic flight sim of 1980.
It ran on my TRS-80, which used an audio cassette tape drive to load the program, and the computer itself ran at a heady 1.77 mhz, with a staggering 16k of ram. (yeah, that's K, *not* M !)

Posts: 244 | From: Australia | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

© COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.