my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Jets   » MORE Typhoon info (Page 3)

This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3 

Author Topic: MORE Typhoon info
G
Member # 5487

posted 09-11-2000 07:48 AM     Profile for G   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
If I haven't stated this before, I will be at least trying this puppy out. It looks and sounds to have amazing graphics and gameplay and atmosphere. EF2000 is the only sim to "put me there". Falcon4 puts you in a war, but it just doesn't seem like you are flying and hiding around mountains like in ef2000. The atmosphere and elevation of terrain was exellent.
h.arrier
Member # 4678

posted 09-11-2000 01:48 PM     Profile for h.arrier   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
G I have got to agree with you.It certainly looks like this sim is going to be a lot of fun. The graphics look good, especially the rolling valleys, hopefully they are sparse because theres not loads of vegitation on iceland or the guys at rage are trying to push for decent frame rates.The sence of speed is amazing, although they have got it looking like that by zooming out the pics (I think,no doubt kurt will have a highly informed view on this ;-) )...good luck Rage!
Benno

Posts: 238 | From: Cottesmore,UK | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
Heretic
Member # 722

posted 09-11-2000 03:18 PM     Profile for Heretic   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
As long the commands are at par with ef2kv2.0 in "advanced config", and the wide range ef2kv2.0/taw/f22adf view is in, i´m in....

just for flying ef2000 again......

Heretic

Posts: 546 | From: Brasil, Rio de Janeiro | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
Vector
Member # 463

posted 09-11-2000 05:06 PM     Profile for Vector   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Jedi, did you take any aeronatical engineering courses or are you an aeronatical engineer? Just asking because you seem to think you know a lot about these things.

The Ekranoplane is a big heavy transport, I would think it needed 9 engines just to make it move. They couldn't put them on the wings for obvious reasons, so they mounted them in two groups on the front and one single on the tail. It doesn't seem all that odd to me.

BTW I think the plane is very cool looking

------------------
-\/ector, Flight Sim Sympathizer
LGB Bombing Strategy

Posts: 903 | From: Comox, BC, Canada | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
Jedi Master
Member # 3223

posted 09-12-2000 09:28 AM     Profile for Jedi Master   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm not an engineer, but I play one on TV!
Actually, I've learned everything from mags, books, and talking to people online. I briefly considered going into the field, but I majored in physics instead. After college I then forgot physics and went to computers.
As for that fugly plane , I'm not saying it doesn't need a lot of thrust, just that 9 engines is more like a 50's mentality--lots of small engines. The B-52 was the only 8-engined plane in military service. Since then, engines are strong enough that you can use 4 big engines, aside from the An-225 Mriya, but that plane isn't exactly common.
I wonder if they could use that thing in the North Atlantic or North Sea? It looks fine for sedate waters, but I'd think rough seas would give it some serious problems.
The Jedi Master

Posts: 477 | From: Coral Springs, FL, USA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Heretic
Member # 722

posted 09-12-2000 09:35 AM     Profile for Heretic   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Look goood..
UHGH this should be dumbed the EEEEKoplane it is inded Butt ugly.

I dunno if i which to see half a dozen of those coming to beachland on Iceland shore (unless on a storm). They must be able to carry a lot of nasty ground rusky´s party´s.

By the way, now that rage will have trained with Typhoon, they can redo ef2000.....

Heretic

Posts: 546 | From: Brasil, Rio de Janeiro | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

© COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.