my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Jets   » EF 2000 2.0 Question

Author Topic: EF 2000 2.0 Question
Timbo
Member # 1789

posted 08-31-2000 09:31 PM     Profile for Timbo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hello,

I was thinking of buying EF2000 2.0 and I have a question about the graphics. Does the game support Direct3D and if not, how does it look without acceleration? (Screenshot would be nice )

Thanks,
Tim

Tim's USAF Page - Click Here to Visit!

[This message has been edited by Timbo (edited 08-31-2000).]

Posts: 709 | From: Palatine, IL, USA | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Zhukov
Member # 4446

posted 09-01-2000 10:55 AM     Profile for Zhukov   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
At the risk of sounding like a broken record, since I've already mentioned it here a few times ( ) the unaccelerated Win95 version in 2.0 is very very smooth and looks as good as GFX+ in many respects. A number of people on the EF2000 mailing list actually prefer the Win95 version since there's no 'seaming', afterburner looks better, and the EF markings are RAF (in GFX+ they were changed to USAF for some bizarre reason).

Anyway, I'll post some screenshots of the Win95 version this weekend.

Zhukov

------------------
"A man, a plan, a panama hat!!"

Posts: 4315 | From: Montreal, Quebec, CANADA | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Ozias
Member # 4579

posted 09-01-2000 08:08 PM     Profile for Ozias   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
EF2000 GFX+ does not support D3D at all, it was written for the Voodoo 1 and rendition cards. On the Voodoo, it uses Glide.

It can be made to run on a voodoo 2 with a some changes to various windows config files.

Posts: 334 | From: London,UK | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
PositiveG
Member # 469

posted 09-02-2000 10:56 AM     Profile for PositiveG   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Funny my EF2000 v2 has the USAF markings, in Win95 mode!!!

Posts: 52 | From: Bedford, Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
SPOT
Member # 453

posted 09-02-2000 11:36 PM     Profile for SPOT   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Trust me the gameplay and the simulation features of the jet & weapon systems in this game will have you forgetting about the dated graphics. All the new sims should be this good. Nuff said.

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.