my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Jets   » Wanted Wanted Super EF2000

Author Topic: Wanted Wanted Super EF2000
cluster
Member # 6021

posted 08-09-2000 02:38 PM     Profile for cluster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
can anybody help in supplying super EF2000.
I think this is one of the all time greats but the original version won't run on win95.
Only too glad to cover overseas postage :-)
emails to [email protected]

Freezer
Member # 5729

posted 08-09-2000 04:45 PM     Profile for Freezer   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I am pretty sure this version is the super one : and cheap too.

go here :http://www.softwarefirst.com/Product.asp?WebRef=10001268

Posts: 26 | From: UK | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
Tracer
Member # 259

posted 08-10-2000 04:34 AM     Profile for Tracer   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i just bought Super EF2000 V2!
i'm in the UK as well and bought it from here http://www.cdmag.com/chips.html
It weighed in at over 2lbs in weight! and arrived complete with the FULL 338 page manual + maps and keycard in just eight days
You can order online and pay by credit card.
Here is an example(direct from their page);

1 $ 12.95 EF2000 Version 2 Windows 95 IBM CD ROM
$ 2.00 Shipping & Handling Per Order
$ 2.00 Shipping & Handling Per Shipment

$ 6.00 Shipping & Handling Per Item
$ 22.95 Total Order Cost

This works out at 15.27 Fantastic value!!

Yes it works on Win95/98 i'm using it with a PIII500 128mb Voodoo3AGP SBLive! and MicrosoftFFback Pro & Win98

Enjoy!

Tracer

------------------
"Flying is the second greatest thing known to man!
The first is landing!!"

Posts: 681 | From: Edinburgh,Scotland | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Dogsbody
Member # 1361

posted 08-10-2000 06:49 AM     Profile for Dogsbody   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Cluster, if you buy the US EF2000 V.2, I think you shall find that Super EF2k is also included on the disk. Its simply a choice of deciding which version to load. I think I may have a spare second-hand V2 I got from the US which (I vaguely recall) may have come with an abridged copy of the Sim-Tech strategy guide.
Zhukov
Member # 4446

posted 08-10-2000 06:59 AM     Profile for Zhukov   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
A word of warning about SEF2000...if you want to play multiplayer by TCP/IP and Kali, make sure everyone has the same version. I have the original SuperEF2000 (the one that came out in the white box) and I've been trying with no success to connect to someone who has the SEF2000 that's packaged with EF2000 v2.0. Also, he can set it up within Kali and I can't (I keep getting a message about loading the CD, even though I make sure the 'safedisk' option is deselected in the Kali configuration). My suspicion is that there are subtle differences between the original SEF2000 and the one that comes with v2.0.

Right now, I'm tracking down a copy of v2.0 just so that I can play the multiplayer coop campaign with the other person who has v2.0.

Hope this helps!

Zhukov

------------------
"Veni, vidi, vici, baby."

Posts: 4315 | From: Montreal, Quebec, CANADA | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Freezer
Member # 5729

posted 08-10-2000 11:02 AM     Profile for Freezer   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I just thought i'd say that if you can get the version with a manual then do so - it's huge and a good read. I had the misfortune of having to print out large chunks of pdf manual - a task to be avoided I can assure you. I think I'm going to get the new version of Super ef2000 too as I also have the old version. Whats going on here anyway ?
EF2000 back from the grave - almost enougth people here to form a squadron lol.
I think Typhoon is going to sell like hot cakes. I just hope it doesn't need hellish amounts of processor power.

Freezer

Posts: 26 | From: UK | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
Casey
Member # 873

posted 08-10-2000 11:27 AM     Profile for Casey   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I've always said the EF2000 manual is one of the best. I often read it even when EF2000 isn't on my hard drive!

But I never got a key card- nuts.

If Typhoon is halfway decent, with today's graphics and they don't mess with the great campaign and numerous options of EF2000, we will be a happy bunch of campers very soon!

Posts: 636 | From: America | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.