my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Jets   » These boards are getting ridiculous ...

Author Topic: These boards are getting ridiculous ...
holbrop
Member # 5101

posted 07-30-2000 07:39 PM     Profile for holbrop   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I pulled my whiney ranting post off because I think it has had the intended effect, maybe a few more people will THINK before they post, and I feel better after getting it off my chest. In retrospect, I guess I did exaggerate, probably because I was tired and irritable. Out of the last four or five posts or responses (I don't know the exact figure) here in the fixed-wing forums three of them got opinionated smart-alecky responses or just completed flamed altogether (the Daddy16 response). I just got a little tired of it because it is so juvenile and after the last one in Falcon 4 (from someone who is generally helpful ... and was probably trying to be so this time) I just needed to blow off a little. I don't understand why people feel they have to interject so many irrelevent comments, it's stupid. If you don't know the answer, or don't want to answer, why post a response? If you can answer or at least try you probably earned the right to slam someone for their tastes, I guess.

Again (yes ... I said this originally) to all the folks who take the time to answer posts intelligently, THANK YOU! Your time and effort is appreciated. To all the immature opinionated folks who waste bandwidth, I shall again endeavor to ignore you.

Thanks again to all the folks who help here ... Ron Hunt, Sabre, Spawnbob, Flex, Lionpride, and many many others.

Phil

[This message has been edited by holbrop (edited 07-31-2000).]

Posts: 201 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
The Whistler
Member # 4609

posted 07-30-2000 07:59 PM     Profile for The Whistler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Where you talking about me? You could of at least called me by name. Ill have you know that I havn't said anything bad about flanker 2 in a very long time. Ive even complimented it on several occasions and am planning on buying it at the release of 2.5. And all this questions never get answered BS, ill have you know that the worst swear word in F-15 is damn and there is no way to turn it off! I have never seen a question go unanswered on this forum. Even the F-15 swearing one was by CJ Martin I believe. Don't like flames? Don't read this forum. Im sure ever since the first humans interacted there have been arguments and insults. Whether on the street, the phone, or the combatsim forums it is not going to go away. If we are not critical of what we are getting we will end up with every sim being another USAF. Just because there aren't many sims being released there is no excuse for them being full of bugs, whether it being Flanker 2, F-18, Janes or DI. If you don't find the forums perfect, don't post. We don't need you going telling people how bad they are. Newbies won't wanna even bother asking a question that would probably be answered after reading what you just said.

P.S. I have a life, just as most simmers do. During the summer I spend my time on my 3 loves: sims, these forums, and my girlfriend. So don't go around saying we don't have a life.

Sorry about all the emotions everyone,
Whistler

[This message has been edited by The Whistler (edited 07-30-2000).]

Posts: 1736 | From: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada [email protected] | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
The Prophet
Member # 5161

posted 07-30-2000 09:15 PM     Profile for The Prophet   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have no trouble getting the info I want. Most of my posts are in the F4 area but I also have been asking about other sims and hardware. Every one is pretty cool here and always give it to me straight. The trick is to give an exact question(s) so you can get a straight answer. If the question is to open ended it's hard. Also some questions ask for a opinion on two or more items, this will give you many responces, the trick here is to let people know that you don't want hype, only the facts. If you have a performence question, be it CTD or ways to push FPS and so on, make sure to give all info about your system you can (mobo name and #, CPU brand, RAM, HD, CD-ROM/DVD/CD-R, and vidseo card), this will help alot!

Prophet

------------------
I am the prophet of death, I come to give you a gift

Posts: 153 | From: Illinois, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
The Whistler
Member # 4609

posted 07-30-2000 10:14 PM     Profile for The Whistler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I don't think I have ever asked a question that has been answerless for more than a day on these forums.
Posts: 1736 | From: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada [email protected] | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
Jeepster
Member # 5558

posted 07-30-2000 11:38 PM     Profile for Jeepster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I've never had any problems getting answers.

It sounds like if anyone should get a life - it's you.

Most of us should also be intelligent enough to sort the wheat from the chaff when it comes to flame posts too.

Go and have a whinge elsewhere where someone might empathise a bit more with your "problems".

Posts: 115 | From: Australia | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
WingDude
unregistered

posted 07-31-2000 09:16 AM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yes I have hads the same problem so I dont come here except to search to furums to get answers.The replys already cooberate what you are saying.But all are not assholes just afew who make it hard to come here from embarassment.

FALCON 4 RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WingDude

IP: Logged
ice705
Member # 4800

posted 08-01-2000 09:24 PM     Profile for ice705   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
At ease men.
Posts: 131 | From: waltham,ma usa | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
The Whistler
Member # 4609

posted 08-01-2000 10:29 PM     Profile for The Whistler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I know the feeling. You can probably tell what mood im in by a lot of my posts.

I don't think anyone has learned anything from this. Mainly because most of what you said is not true. These forums are great places to get the answers you need. I looked back on the Falcon 4 forum, here, and on the Janes F-18 board. All your questions were answered and you never got flamed. I think you must be a little paranoid or something. I do hope you change your mind. This is a great place for any simmer.

P.S. It doesn't help when you say "go get a life" or "get out more" whenever someone says something you don't like like the guy who reminded you that it was the JF-18 board and not the JF-15 one.

[This message has been edited by The Whistler (edited 08-01-2000).]

Tweet 65
Member # 5319

posted 08-03-2000 06:20 AM     Profile for Tweet 65   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Re: Flaming Darts
Frankly, the whole back and forth discussion about bad language in F-15 made me laugh so hard that the snot soaked my keyboard. When I went through Air Force pilot training, you were not only judged by how well you could fly, but also in how well you could give and take insults. It was kind of like punching each other in the arm to see who flinches first. Is it juvenile - yep. Is it hurtful - yep. Does it intimidate some of the more sensitive people - yep. The only member of my flight that was relatively safe from verbal taunting was the lone female member of my flight - but she was a Sierra Hotel pilot and was known to get off a few flames of her own.

Did all of it serve a purpose? Well, it sure helped me when my instructor pilot decided to see how much I could take. All of it is preparation to make you tough - physically, mentally, and emotionally. It's the only way the military can prepare you to face absolute terror without actually shooting at you.

Now, everyone take a DEEEEEEEP breath, and realize we are probably all a lot alike. We all like to fly and blow stuff up. Let's all kiss and make up.

Posts: 7 | From: Shoreview, MN, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
Jeepster
Member # 5558

posted 08-03-2000 08:32 AM     Profile for Jeepster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Here in Australia when I was training we got over all that stuff in the first couple of weeks of recruit ("basic" to you Americans I think) training!

By the time we got around to actually sitting in a cockpit the only insult anyone would give to a fellow trainee would be if they weren't giving their 100% to any particular task at hand. Even then they were more "colourful words of encouragement" than outright insults!

Anyway, we're not talking about the real Air Force here. It's a computer game, and kids play games. Kids don't fly fast jets, or slow ones for that matter!!

My opinion is that the original poster who you are referring to was quite within his rights to address this issue, and I for one can understand where he's coming from.

And to be honest, to say.."It's the only way the military can prepare you to face absolute terror without actually shooting at you." is quite wrong.

In my career I was involved with many servicemen from many different countries, and to make sweeping statements like that trivialises the professionalism of those individuals to the point of idiocy.

Posts: 115 | From: Australia | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.