my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Jets   » Need help pls w Jet sims

Author Topic: Need help pls w Jet sims
Kicker_HI
unregistered

posted 07-30-2000 01:15 AM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Aloha,

Does anyone know of a Jet combat sim which can be conmtrolled w a mouse. I can't use my hands. I've flown flight sims for years, but w stick in my mout. I have a dirt bike sim which i steer using a head mouse. If i move my head left or right i turn thay direction. If I move my head up or down I lean foward and back. I blow in a tube ( which is left and right mouse clicks)for gas, suck for brake.

If you know of any jet combat sims which can b mouse ciontrolled pls let me know. I hav a good computer (p3 500 and video card (Vodoo3 3000) w alot of RAM.

IP: Logged
Jeepster
Member # 5558

posted 07-30-2000 04:31 AM     Profile for Jeepster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I know this isn't much help to you, but there are a couple of "homegrown" flight simulators available for download on the net.

As far as I can remember there was one where you flew the F-86 Sabre and you could use the mouse as a controller. I found it to be very hard to use though. The game itself was pretty basic but not bad considering it wasn't done professionally.

I'm sorry but I don't have any URL addresses I can give you.

I seem to recall that there were atleast two of these games floating about, and they are quite small to download.

Again, sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

Try typing in "pd simulators" or maybe "homegrown simulator" into your meta search engine and see what you get.

Good luck pal.

Posts: 115 | From: Australia | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
The Whistler
Member # 4609

posted 07-30-2000 11:08 AM     Profile for The Whistler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I know the sim he is talking about. It is called Sabre Flight Simulator or something like that. Go to www.migman.com.au and go into the flight sim museum (1990s). It will say that it is free next to the entry.
Posts: 1736 | From: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada [email protected] | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
Ozias
Member # 4579

posted 07-30-2000 04:00 PM     Profile for Ozias   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think A-10 Cuba and F/A-18 Korea might use the mouse to control the aircraft.

Posts: 334 | From: London,UK | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.