my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Jets   » Features wanted in TYPHOON addon's - MAPS! (?)

Author Topic: Features wanted in TYPHOON addon's - MAPS! (?)
DogDoo
Member # 5818

posted 07-29-2000 07:50 PM     Profile for DogDoo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
After reading some articles on Typhoon in Combatsim - I realized how much I've been missing EF2000 ... and the features that made EF2000/TACTCOM the classic it is!
The music (sure, it was in dull midi format) - the dark, the greyish atmosphere, returning to base with only half a set of wings ... struggling to keep control - only to be annihilated by a chasing SU-27 on final ...

Now, I'd like to start a thread to get you fellow airjockies to join me - in convincing Rage to release addon maps for Typhoon.

Could someone pleeeease tell Rage how much we'd like to have other scenarios/maps as addons. I'm still missing the possibility to whack some IL-76's over Russia, returning back to Gardermoen for reload and refuelling. Why? - because the darn thing is outdated these days with only 640x480 graphx, and probably wont run in W2K ...
Anyway ...

[X] YES! I'd like to see the old maps of Norway/Russia converted to Typhoon aswell as a mission generator for these new maps!
And I love to pay for it as an addon!

C'mon fellows - support me on this one
----------------------
Another idea would be if they could release some sort of source on how to create custom maps & scenarios ...

Just think of how flexible F4 has become - still - a shame, the theft of the 1.07 source code though' ...

DogDoo

Gavin Bennett
Member # 2001

posted 07-29-2000 08:09 PM     Profile for Gavin Bennett   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, you'd have my vote.
I was thinking a three theatre - one war approach.
Battle One: Iceland.
Battle Two: GIUK.
Battle Three: Norway.
(And if you are feeling macho)
Battle Four: Poland, Estonia, Lativa, etc.

I still play EF2000 every few weeks. I love it to bits. So it would be very nice to see a multiplay add on and a Scandinavia add-on!

Gavin

Posts: 172 | From: Dublin, Ireland | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Tracer
Member # 259

posted 07-30-2000 09:23 AM     Profile for Tracer   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DogDoo:
Another idea would be if they could release some sort of source on how to create custom maps & scenarios ...

Just think of how flexible F4 has become - still - a shame, the theft of the 1.07 source code though' ...

DogDoo

After the failure of ADF with the add-on "Red Sea Ops" and the fact that F4 was spread all over the place Makes the chances of your wish coming true, very slight indeed.

I think Typhoon will be as tight as a crabs ar*e................and that's water tight!!

I think what will hopefully make Typhoon join EF2000 is the dynamic campaign both in the air and ground.....{b]that's what i'm looking for[/b] having owned EF&TACTCOM from day one and just recently buying Super V2 from the US to run on my Win98 machine(unavailable in the UK) Add-ons don't do it form me i'm afraid......Dynamic campaigns YES!!

Tracer

------------------
"Flying is the second greatest thing known to man!
The first is landing!!"

Posts: 681 | From: Edinburgh,Scotland | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
craig2
Member # 2791

posted 07-30-2000 01:53 PM     Profile for craig2   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
TYPHOON addon's? I would like to see a life like map of Europe, similiar to that in Falcon4 but an improve version. A dynamic campaign system representing all the country
that participate in the Euro Fighter program {similiar to that of EF2000 Norway campaign}.
Uniformity, is what I would get in a life like maps of Europe.

I would not mind paying for a map and a campaign that a life like flight sim could offer. Restricting, the download to any additional object, campaign behavior {up to the countries involve to alter}, and communication for upgrade to multiplayer abilities. Looking for a cost effective way to Flight sim by paying out front for a bundle and downloading the addons.

I really thought that DID {now Rages} could give us that life like appeal in a map.

Posts: 12 | From: Glen Burnie, MD | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Heretic
Member # 722

posted 07-30-2000 10:10 PM     Profile for Heretic   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
To say the true i would pay for some EF2000 enhancement......
let alone some typhoon enhancements..

Posts: 546 | From: Brasil, Rio de Janeiro | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
EEG
unregistered

posted 08-01-2000 08:15 AM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Im really excited about TYPHOON and I dont know much about it other than that interview that was posted the other day, screen shots looked good?! I just have an aching feeling they went to the arcade end of things..? I hope Im wrong
IP: Logged
Tweet 65
Member # 5319

posted 08-01-2000 06:40 PM     Profile for Tweet 65   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'd be happy if they would only give us a multiplay option!!!
Posts: 7 | From: Shoreview, MN, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
Kurt Plummer
Member # 358

posted 08-01-2000 10:07 PM     Profile for Kurt Plummer   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well I put up such a huge list before...

But on a smaller scale I wouldn't mind-

1. Additional screen shots showing the interfaces for weapons loading, mission planning and a few 'map shots' showing the advance of forces over the island. (caption-tactical brief).

2. A demo which allows us to fly over the island and determine what kind of candy-trades we're going to have to make to keep the frames up.

3. An expansion/editor option that brought the battle offshore. Playing shootist in a telebooth is all about LOS for life. Playing pol for place is all about weapons overlay strategy and formation tactics.

In many ways, it's going to be easier to kill the enemy 'from the sea' (early in the battle, attacking from oceanward as they go beach-in) than weaseling them out of the rocks but there would be a lot smaller margin of screwup because the numbers of aircraft to REALLY CAPABLE SAM shooters would be highly them-advantaged, even before the threat airwing was added in.

Yet if you can't emulate enemy CVBG 'caught in between' benefits of /tackling/ the primary surface combattants...

Then destroying the landing craft, and whatever amphibgru their coming from, becomes a matter of how many 'random' (regenerated, offmap, un-base-attritable) threat aircraft come at you from an edge-of-battlearea defined by an electronic rather than a real limitation of counterforce.

Kurt Plummer

Fins
Member # 1331

posted 08-02-2000 02:23 AM     Profile for Fins   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Like Tweet, I'd like to see the campaign multiplay go back in. Even if it's just player/wingman (interview said that you'd only ever fly with one wingman). I figure it'd be better then nothing...

Fins.

[This message has been edited by Fins (edited 08-02-2000).]

Posts: 22 | From: Hastings, East Sussex, UK | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
Snail
Member # 3654

posted 08-04-2000 05:29 PM     Profile for Snail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Just for the info: at www.gamers.org is a messageboard for EF2000, where the item nowadays merely is Typhoon. You can get a lot of answers there. E.g. Yes, you fly with one wingman which you can control, but the flights will presumably include more planes. Mmmmmm. Can't wait till it hits the shelves.
Posts: 57 | From: Nunspeet, Nederland | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.