my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Jets   » EF2000 V3 TYPHOON HAS GONE GOLD !!!!

Author Topic: EF2000 V3 TYPHOON HAS GONE GOLD !!!!
Cool_1
Member # 3791

posted 07-19-2000 02:50 PM     Profile for Cool_1     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
YESS !!!!
http://128.11.9.49/#1151 Voodoo Extreme News
http://www.gamers.org/forums/hypermail/ef2000/ef2000.200007/0016.html

I would expect a delay before the launch though as Rage are holding on to it for a while, according to the forum above.
Possible because the PR is not ready yet (IMO)....anyway good news !

Typhoon Golden 06:32 AM PST - Chris "Outlaw" O'Brien - Games: Flight / Combat Sims
RL Higgs, Jr. has confirmed with Rage's Producer Steve Hunt that Typhoon has gone gold and should be distributed by Infogrames sometime in September. Here's the e-mail:

Well we went Gold yesterday... (Yipppe)

As far as I know so far, Infogrames are looking to release around September. They may have changed that and not told us though..... I'll try and find out, but I would think that September still holds.

Posts: 100 | From: UK | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Mispunt
Member # 3500

posted 07-19-2000 04:01 PM     Profile for Mispunt   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, I am going to have to hold my breath for a few months then, this one is going to be "quite" intresting....(or not)

Posts: 182 | From: Rotterdam, The Netherlands | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
RubenJames
Member # 2645

posted 07-20-2000 04:33 AM     Profile for RubenJames   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hope they really look as good:

RJ

Posts: 1093 | From: Hong Kong | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
ScabFace
Member # 609

posted 07-20-2000 12:36 PM     Profile for ScabFace   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ruben James, where in the heck did you get those beautiful shots; can't stop mt mouth from watering...
ScabFace

Posts: 92 | From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
Tracer
Member # 259

posted 07-20-2000 12:57 PM     Profile for Tracer   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cool_1:
I would expect a delay before the launch though as Rage are holding on to it for a while, according to the forum above.
Possible because the PR is not ready yet (IMO)....anyway good news !

Are Rage/Infogrames related to Hasbro in anyway?
It only took them something like a year+ to get a web page up promoting B-17 2..........and companies wonder why PC game sales are falling! When they can't even bother telling the wage payers in the street that the game is due out!!
Look at Rage's web page it has NO info at all on Typhoon, neither does Infogrames.

If that's how Rage etc value the product, then i'll wait for some reviews before parting with any money.

Tracer

------------------
"Flying is the second greatest thing known to man!
The first is landing!!"

Posts: 681 | From: Edinburgh,Scotland | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Mr. X
Member # 3850

posted 07-22-2000 03:01 PM     Profile for Mr. X   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Tracer , They don't want to hear it.

So many developers, who have released info 6 months + have had to deal with consumer prattle and criticism way before product is released.

Case in point Waywards B172:

The only thing that came out of that was upset consumers 6 mths prior to beta.

Wayward did what they were going to do anyways, regardless of consumer opinion and input.

If the game is good it will sell itself. Not a cheap advertising campaign a year before the game is BETA.

The Wayward Clan wanted feedback as to what the consumer wanted. Then they got mad because the consumer, they thought, didn't know what they were talking about. The results were... they no longer cared to talk to the consumer, which left the consumer with a bulletin board to yak amongst themselves.

Have a nice day.

[This message has been edited by Mr. X (edited 07-22-2000).]

rjetster
Member # 3411

posted 07-22-2000 03:54 PM     Profile for rjetster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Those are some of the best in-game shots I have ever seen! What gives! Is this sim for real! Is it really going to look that good?
Posts: 56 | From: valley village,CA USA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Mr. X
Member # 3850

posted 07-22-2000 06:01 PM     Profile for Mr. X   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Register, This has nothing to do with what I just said.

I was clearing up a misunderstanding. The screens look good BUT I think that they are opening sequence shots if anything. Why??? look at TAW and F22, there is a habit of nice images, but those images and the sim are two different things.

I just wanted to clarify I wasnt talking about screenshots.

Btw, how is the shopping center in valley village? Have they finished it ?

Ozias
Member # 4579

posted 07-22-2000 07:48 PM     Profile for Ozias   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Those screen shots came from the website for a company that makes professional flight simulators.

They are NOT Typhoon screenshots.

As far as I know, they have absolutely nothing to do with the game Typhoon, apart from the fact they show the Eurofighter.

I have however seen video footage of Typhoon being demonstrated at a japanese trade fair, as a potential playstation 2 title.

[This message has been edited by Ozias (edited 07-22-2000).]

Posts: 334 | From: London,UK | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
mack
Member # 5701

posted 07-23-2000 01:13 AM     Profile for mack   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi Guys

Typhoon Screenshots: http://members.rol.ch/mack/News/ef_2000_thypoon.htm

Greetings, Mack. http://members.rol.ch/mack/

Posts: 2 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
Tracer
Member # 259

posted 07-23-2000 07:48 AM     Profile for Tracer   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. X:
Tracer , They don't want to hear it.

So many developers, who have released info 6 months + have had to deal with consumer prattle and criticism way before product is released.

Case in point Waywards B172:

The only thing that came out of that was upset consumers 6 mths prior to beta.

Wayward did what they were going to do anyways, regardless of consumer opinion and input.

If the game is good it will sell itself. Not a cheap advertising campaign a year before the game is BETA.

The Wayward Clan wanted feedback as to what the consumer wanted. Then they got mad because the consumer, they thought, didn't know what they were talking about. The results were... they no longer cared to talk to the consumer, which left the consumer with a bulletin board to yak amongst themselves.

Have a nice day.

[This message has been edited by Mr. X (edited 07-22-2000).]

Yes i know that the Bombs-away.net BB has backfired in Waywards face(i'm a member)but it was a chance for the punters to give feedback for what they wanted in the game. B-17 2 has dragged on for a very long time and the fact that Hasbro/Microprose have just supported it with a web page smacks of incompetence or basicaly because they have distanced themselves from the flight sim genre=poor sales: They do not care if this sim makes money or not,as i think they have already marked it down as a failure due to the rumbles generated by Gunship!,M1TP3...........................

Typhoon, on the otherhand has had more coverage on the PS2 than PC...make of that what you will?
The fact that there is no web page(without a BB)doesn't give them any less immunity to abuse from people "asking why" there isn't any info about Typhoon on Rage/Info's site.
So it doesn't do any good for a company if it doesn't have the faith/decency to tell the wage payers in the street "Your favourite game will have this or that feature?-or it's due out blah,blah"
After the sh*t that DID took from TAW(FULL product price over ADF)i think they(Rage/DID) are too scared to go public on it incase it blows up in there face again.......
"let's just slip it into the shops and see if it sells?" mentality

Tracer

------------------
The first is landing!!"

Victor
Member # 249

posted 07-24-2000 02:45 AM     Profile for Victor   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tracer:
Look at Rage's web page it has NO info at all on Typhoon, neither does Infogrames.

If that's how Rage etc value the product, then i'll wait for some reviews before parting with any money.

Tracer

I think in this day and age it's probably a good idea to wait for reviews before you purchase ANY game.

But really I think that DID is unfortunately a victim of Infogrames in this case..and perhaps also Rage. Now that DID is part of Rage it's there job to do official promotion.

Since Infogrames is publishing the game; they have the right to promote the game. Unfortunately they have chosen not to; and from what I they have reserved the right to do so.

Thankfully there have been a few interviews with DID on a couple of web sites (a new one was prepared for this web site and hopefully will show up soon); so there has been some info and images have popped up. But, don't get me wrong...I really wish there was more.

Hopefully not that the game is close to Gold (a Gold candidate version was submitted to Infogrames); the proper parties will get off their butts and start promoting a game is is supposely coming out in September. Personally I'm just glad the game is coming out and wasn't cancelled like some other sims.(knock on wood)

Posts: 236 | From: New York, NY | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Heretic
Member # 722

posted 07-24-2000 08:09 AM     Profile for Heretic   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You know, what really scares me is the fact that the game has been more hipped for PS2 than PC.
I don't mind much for the no hype, i even like it more that way.
You see, even the hyped DIABLO 2 (for those who can eat something other than flight sims)
falled short of it. Even with awesomes pre-sells. Analysing the game per se for what has been sayd VS what have been sold, it miss easely 25% of what has been promised.

So i prefer not to dream/read too much promises about a product, because i don´t risk to deceive-me a lot because of some hyper hypped product.

THE HELL RUBENSJAMES i have to changes underwear because of your (false)screenshots !!!!!!

Heretic

Posts: 546 | From: Brasil, Rio de Janeiro | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
Victor
Member # 249

posted 07-24-2000 10:23 AM     Profile for Victor   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Heretic:
You know, what really scares me is the fact that the game has been more hipped for PS2 than PC.
Heretic

I guessing that Infogrames/Rage (or whomever) probably feels they can make more money off the PS2 version than the PC version..which is probably the case unfortunately. If it helps them make their money back..so much the better. Profits always help.

BTW, (according persons in the know) the PS2 version will be a different game so it's not any indication of what the PC version will be like.

Victor

Tracer
Member # 259

posted 07-24-2000 01:24 PM     Profile for Tracer   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Heretic:
You see, even the hyped DIABLO 2 (for those who can eat something other than flight sims)
falled short of it. Even with awesomes pre-sells. Analysing the game per se for what has been sayd VS what have been sold, it miss easely 25% of what has been promised.

Heretic

Diablo2 has just become the worlds fastest/best selling PC game....bugs 'n' all

Tracer

------------------
The first is landing!!"

Mr. X
Member # 3850

posted 07-24-2000 06:46 PM     Profile for Mr. X   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Gentlemen,

I thought this was a thread about Typhoon.

But now I see descussion about a "diablo??" game.

Should we not avoid falling into the irrelevent issues and focus on the notion that Typhoone has gone gold?

In case I missed something, please tell me and verify that Typhoon is ready and about to hit the shelves.

Thank you

Tracer
Member # 259

posted 07-25-2000 01:03 PM     Profile for Tracer   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well as today's news states "Typhoon has not gone GOLD.
So someone has been telling porkie's

How can someone post such crap!
Quote:
"RL Higgs, Jr. has confirmed with Rage's Producer Steve Hunt that Typhoon has gone gold and should be distributed by
Infogrames sometime in September. Here's the e-mail:"

Tracer

------------------
The first is landing!!"

MonsterZero
Member # 5722

posted 07-25-2000 03:37 PM     Profile for MonsterZero   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
THIS IS INCREDIBLE...

Posts: 442 | From: Worth, IL USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
Victor
Member # 249

posted 07-25-2000 06:45 PM     Profile for Victor   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tracer:
Well as today's news states "Typhoon has [b]not gone GOLD.
So someone has been telling porkie's

How can someone post such crap!
Quote:
"RL Higgs, Jr. has confirmed with Rage's Producer Steve Hunt that Typhoon has gone gold and should be distributed by
Infogrames sometime in September. Here's the e-mail:"

Tracer

[/B]

Actually the e-mail above is geniune; unfortunately therewas a misunderstanding. What Steve Hunt probably meant to say was that they had a sent a gold release candidate to Infogrames; which later turned out to be the case...and has been confirmed by Infogrames. The original misunderstanding unfortunately spread.

tony draper
Member # 519

posted 07-25-2000 09:40 PM     Profile for tony draper   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Does anybody remember the link to the company those screen shots came from, there was a thread reguarding them a while back with a link to the company that makes that sim, done a search but ca,nt find it.
last hope tony d

Posts: 1280 | From: england | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
Yorkshire Tea
Member # 170

posted 07-26-2000 05:52 AM     Profile for Yorkshire Tea   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
They are from Evans & Sutherland (long time simulation/graphics company)

Try http://www.es.com

They are also apparently demonstrating their Eurofighter cockpit sim at Farnborough this weekend.

The Eurofighter shots are at:
http://www.es.com/simulation/sim_images.html

Posts: 315 | From: leeds | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Victor
Member # 249

posted 07-26-2000 06:15 AM     Profile for Victor   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Yorkshire Tea:
They are from Evans & Sutherland (long time simulation/graphics company)

Try http://www.es.com

They are also apparently demonstrating their Eurofighter cockpit sim at Farnborough this weekend.

The Eurofighter shots are at:
http://www.es.com/simulation/sim_images.html

Speaking of which..anyone on that side of the Atlantic going to Farnborough? Infogrames is supposely going to show Typhoon this coming Saturday.

Mr. X
Member # 3850

posted 07-26-2000 11:27 AM     Profile for Mr. X   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
There is a Gold Release Candidate and a Beta Candidate.

Tracer, what do you see here?

To me, it looks like Wayward is entering beta and then will have to submit a gold once beta stage is completed.

Wayward is irrelevent to this topic I agree, but I am connect the two as they are both connected to Rage Software.

Interesting, how DID, after the BS they went thru with infomama, are still connected. ..... according to some people here.

Tracer
Member # 259

posted 07-26-2000 03:47 PM     Profile for Tracer   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. X:
There is a Gold Release Candidate and a Beta Candidate.

Tracer, what do you see here?

To me, it looks like Wayward is entering beta and then will have to submit a gold once beta stage is completed.

Wayward is irrelevent to this topic I agree, but I am connect the two as they are both connected to Rage Software.

Interesting, how DID, after the BS they went thru with infomama, are still connected. ..... according to some people here.

The DID staff were "bought over" by Info once Martin Kenwright left(sold his share of DID)
They were after all owned by Info in the first place after DID left Ocean(certainly owned as in the amount of debt that DID owed Info after the terrible loss of sales from TAW.....the DID staff were very close to being out a job if they didn't agree to join Rage-infact some went there seperate ways to other companies etc.)
The fact that DID had a very well supported web site(in their day and that Rage/Info do not.Is a very stupid way to try and market a game don't you agree? The amount of posters on this forum in Jets and F4 that have replied about Typhoon saying that "i have heard nothing about it etc" ,"Where is the official web site?" Then Info/Rage cries there eyes out wondering why the sales are poor!............gee for all it takes to bang together some HTML and dangle a proverbial carrot infront of ex-DID fans-like me self .............

Wayward have been at Beta for approx 3 months now......Beta was -funnily-quoted once at being "a couple of weeks" lol
This from Ian yesterday:"Still Battling away Jordi, but getting close now.
We'll post an announcement once the Beta Candidate is accepted as final by Microprose!"

Iain

The release date is now 2nd October...provided the Beta doesn't run into any serious bugs!!
That will be about 8 months that it has been on pre-order and you wonder why people are getting a bit teed off with lack of info?!

Anyway i hope that Typhoon is as good as it is promised to be.... But they better get there ars*s in gear if they want any sales!

Tracer

------------------
The first is landing!!"

Mr. X
Member # 3850

posted 07-26-2000 06:19 PM     Profile for Mr. X   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Tracer, I agree 100%

People who purchase a product pre-released should have some cause for concern.

Imagine what would happen if their purchase transaction has been processed, then the merchant, online or offline, has lost the record of the transaction due to y2k glitches.

I think it is wise to purchase in such away so long as you realise that you are paying for such a transaction mode.

If it happened to me I would be pissed for sure. But that is not the point. the point is that Rage, Info, DID,now Wayward, Hasbro have a connection in the current tense.

I certainly hope that B172 will not suffer the consequences of such business tactics.

If they did it before they can do it again.
Loss of B172 site, lost support etc etc can further repell fans into the console games.

But for the most part people are willing to risk common sense with the opposite extremes.

But before I fall off topic and that may be too late now, I'd just like to say this, to sum it up as I see it: tie your shoes and you won't trip.

Heres to crossed fingers.

pops
Member # 129

posted 07-29-2000 10:31 AM     Profile for pops   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Tracer,

I have to strongly disagree with you that the interactive conversations at Bombs-Away, between it's forum and Wayward backfired on Wayward.

I firmly believe that you will be experiencing a much better simulation as a result of those conversations. I wish not to comment on business relationships or marketing strategies. But the simulation itself is going to be a better product partially as a result of Wayward's welcomed openess with the Bombs-Away Forum. Yes, there were some disagreements and second guessing. But all in all, certain suggestions and ideas, direct from the users that will be purchasing this product I might add, will have been implemented into the simulation.

I salute Wayward for having the gonnads to talk to us on a "one to one" basis and listen to what we had to say. What more could any hardcore user want? To have an audience with the developers while the sim is in development is paramount for sure.

We might not get everything we asked for, for a multitude of valid reasons. However, we did experience a pretty great time during this process and most of us would thank Wayward for their consideration of us. They were subjected to some nit-picking that they did not deserve. I do feel bad about that.

I think part of the problem now is the time that has elapsed. Soon this great simulation will be out and we will all be enjoying it. Then, we will put these squabbles behind us.

Cheers

Posts: 52 | From: Edgewood, Kentucky USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

© COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.