my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Jets   » Combatsim goes crappy

Author Topic: Combatsim goes crappy
The Whistler
Member # 4609

posted 07-17-2000 06:00 PM     Profile for The Whistler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Has anyone else noticed slowdowns on combatsim? Lately it seems to go really slow and then the right speed again. Or goes fine and then gets really slow. I thought it might be my connection but every other site goes fine. This is the only one that seems slow at times.

------------------
"Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I will stretch out mine hand upon the Philistines, and I will cut off the Cherethims, and destroy the remnant of the sea coast. And I will execute great vengeance upon them with furious rebukes; and they shall know that I am the LORD, when I shall lay my vengeance upon them."
Ezekiel 25:16-17

Posts: 1736 | From: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada [email protected] | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
The Whistler
Member # 4609

posted 07-17-2000 06:13 PM     Profile for The Whistler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Forgot to mention im only talking about forums.
Posts: 1736 | From: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada [email protected] | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
patriotSTORM
Member # 1265

posted 07-17-2000 10:34 PM     Profile for patriotSTORM   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I aint a computer whiz, so Idon't know if it's just me, but it seemed to be doing the same for me last week. It took a few minutes to load a thread over 10 posts (I have a 56k modem, and okay, perhaps a few minutes is an exagerattion, but it was over 30 seconds!) Suddenly it's fine........

------------------
With a heart of furious fancies,
Whereof I am commander,
With a burning spear and a horse of air,
To the wilderness I wander
-Tom O’Bedlams Song

Posts: 404 | From: New Zealand | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
RubenJames
Member # 2645

posted 07-17-2000 11:03 PM     Profile for RubenJames   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I guess the site is taping incomings. That's why.
Posts: 1093 | From: Hong Kong | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
The Whistler
Member # 4609

posted 07-18-2000 04:27 AM     Profile for The Whistler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I am a bit luckier. I have DSL and it is going about as fast as my 56k (only these forums). Actually roght now it is going fine but I bet in a few min it will be going slow.

------------------
"Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I will stretch out mine hand upon the Philistines, and I will cut off the Cherethims, and destroy the remnant of the sea coast. And I will execute great vengeance upon them with furious rebukes; and they shall know that I am the LORD, when I shall lay my vengeance upon them."
Ezekiel 25:16-17

Lucky_1
Member # 352

posted 07-18-2000 07:29 PM     Profile for Lucky_1   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I got a 56k and have had no problems here at all. Only thing I don't like is that annoying pop-up add on the top. Almost Everytime I go to click on a forum topic, the thing loads up and skips up an inch making me pick a topic I didn't want.

Other than that, no problems.

------------------
Two beers, or not two beers. There is no question.

Posts: 635 | From: Knoxville, TN. | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Admin
Administrator
Member # 1

posted 07-20-2000 04:14 PM     Profile for Admin   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Whistler,

The access speed to our site has slowed. Our servers, on the other hand, are fine. In fact, we just updated them and they blaze now.

Apparently, and we're still trying to get confirmation on this, one of the biggest ISP in our city was bought by another firm with its own fibre. This bought-out ISP had its stuff with the same main provider as ours. So, as our main provider moves the bought-out ISP's bidness off their routers, they're probably shutting down entire banks of routers at a time. That means fewer routers are handling the entire load as they get things sorted out.

It's pretty bogus as we are pretty sure that's what's happening but no one will give us a straight answer.

------------------
Douglas Helmer
Forum Administrator
[email protected]

[This message has been edited by Admin (edited 07-20-2000).]

Posts: 2792 | From: COMBATSIM.COM | Registered: Sep 99  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

© COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.