my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Jets   » Will Jane's Make The Smart Move To Make USN?

Author Topic: Will Jane's Make The Smart Move To Make USN?
DGSol78
Member # 5114

posted 06-11-2000 09:52 AM     Profile for DGSol78   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I hope they will! If they can use the graffix engine they used to build USAF planes with, then a new version of Navy fighters MUST be put out. It would make the current F-18 game look like nuthin! And keep the controls like USAF too! If any EA guys read this, For the love of GOD, make a new Navy Fighters game! Not only the teen fighters (F-14,F-18) but also corsairs, vindicators, skyhawks, vikings The posibilities are endless! (Can we say F-117N anyone!
I really hope the EA suits get smart and take the feedback about their company and software seriously and use it to their advantage!

------------------
Keep 'em flyin!!!!!

Posts: 16 | From: U.S.A. | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
The Whistler
Member # 4609

posted 06-11-2000 09:58 AM     Profile for The Whistler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah,

F-15C=F-14D
F-16C=F/A-18C
F-15E=EA-6B
F-22=F/A-18E
F-117=F/A-18G
F-4E=F-4J
F-105=A-4E
A-10=A-7

Linkable in multiplayer with USAF. That would be great fun and hopefully wouldn't get bashed by all the Falcon 4 jocks that bought USAF thinking it was a hardcore sim for some reason .

Posts: 1736 | From: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada [email protected] | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
DGSol78
Member # 5114

posted 06-11-2000 10:04 AM     Profile for DGSol78   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i hope they do it. I would buy it thats for shure! I also am sure other people would to!

------------------
Keep 'em flyin!!!!!

Hayew
unregistered

posted 06-11-2000 08:07 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Where's the JSF?
IP: Logged
DGSol78
Member # 5114

posted 06-11-2000 09:13 PM     Profile for DGSol78   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
ok ok the JSF can be included. Personaly though, I still would like to see the F-117N or better yet, the A-12! The Flying Dorito lives in Janes combat!!

[This message has been edited by DGSol78 (edited 06-11-2000).]

Talon XBMCX
Member # 269

posted 06-12-2000 10:56 PM     Profile for Talon XBMCX   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Unfortunately I dont see many sims coming out of EA/Janes anymore. I wouldnt be suprised to see EA close Janes up after cancelling of A10, World War, and the latest JAS.

Whether this is due to development costs, higher profit margins in other platforms (ie PS2, Nintendo,etc.), or lack of sales, who knows.

Loking at their trend, I am not looking for any new releases ... Im just hoping they stay afloat.

------------------
xTALONx
Buccaneer Mercenary Company

http://www.xbuccaneersx.net

gabbys
Member # 2607

posted 06-13-2000 12:30 PM     Profile for gabbys   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Technically EA Jane’s isn't a real developer anyway. EA pays development firms to create the sim. EA then slaps the game in a box and puts a Jane’s sticker on it.

So if you want to see sims like Jane’s WWII and F-15, then I suggest you find the developer and see what they are working on next.

It doesn't need to say Jane’s on it to be good. EA just licenses the name anyway.

The magic comes from the development house, not the publisher.

For example SDOE was developed by Parasoft, who were the group that developed that original A-10 and A-10 Cuba series.

Posts: 193 | From: USA | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Stone
Member # 4349

posted 06-14-2000 08:19 PM     Profile for Stone   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Whistler:

Linkable in multiplayer with USAF. That would be great fun and hopefully wouldn't get bashed by all the Falcon 4 jocks that bought USAF thinking it was a hardcore sim for some reason .

I like what Whistler says here, "Linkable in MP with USAF." Can you imagine the scenarios? Can you imagine landing on a carrier deck?
As far as the people who think USAF isn't "realistic", I would say none of these games are realistic. Get your rear end down to your local flight training program and get your pilot's license if you're concerned about realism.

Posts: 116 | From: Cleveland, Ohio, USA | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

© COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.