my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Jets   » DiD's F22 ADF Patch Info.

Author Topic: DiD's F22 ADF Patch Info.
x-ring
unregistered

posted 06-09-2000 02:19 AM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
After going for quite sometime without having to re-install ADF, I went to hit webupdate to patch it up only to find the terrible surprise that it no longer worked. I contacted everyone I could think of in hopes of re-patching the game with no results.

Is there anyone with information or anything else able to help me locate a way to re-patch the game, it is very sad what DiD did with that stupid webupdate program rather then just creating a permanent patch that could be downloaded to disc for future use rather then having to execute a self instalation program off of the internet each time to install it. Can someone out there please help me? Thank you very much!

If you have any information please contact me at the following e-mail address;

[email protected]

Thank you!

IP: Logged
Lucky_1
Member # 352

posted 06-09-2000 11:01 AM     Profile for Lucky_1   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Let me know if you find it, cause I searched from here to hell on the internet and only found broken links and no patches. Even the one here at combatsim does not work.

------------------
Two beers, or not two beers. There is no question.

Posts: 635 | From: Knoxville, TN. | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Moorthane
Member # 1890

posted 06-09-2000 11:25 AM     Profile for Moorthane     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Try here. I saw patches to version 1.1 and from 1.1 to 1.544.

Just select DOS/Windows from the left for DOS/Windows Games.
http://www.patches-scrolls.de/index3.html

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

------------------
Moorthane

Accidents are only unexplained probabilities

Posts: 41 | From: Lawrenceville, GA USA | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
gbarclay
Member # 1212

posted 06-10-2000 11:28 AM     Profile for gbarclay   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey Moor,

Thanks for the patches site. One of the best I have ever seen.

Gord

Posts: 485 | From: Surrey BC Canada | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
x-ring
unregistered

posted 06-10-2000 11:57 AM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Moorthane:
Try here. I saw patches to version 1.1 and from 1.1 to 1.544.

Just select DOS/Windows from the left for DOS/Windows Games.
http://www.patches-scrolls.de/index3.html

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

I checked out the site and went through the ADF patches the only one was the 1.1 to 1.544 as you stated and that file was originaly to my knowledge f22aerg.exe and I don't think it ever worked which is when they went with the self install webupdate program, I am currently checking with a few people at combatsim.com because what perplexes me is that my unpatched version of ADF is already "5.108" which is prrobably why f22aerg never took when it first came out unless something has changed about it, thanks for the try though I am hoping that either rage or infogrames has the decency to re-introduce it because I liked ADF, the graphics were top notch under glide on a voodoo card.

Moorthane
Member # 1890

posted 06-10-2000 03:16 PM     Profile for Moorthane     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
gbarclay-

Hey, no problem. I actually found it through www.gonegold.com on their patches page.

x-ring-

Good luck in finding out about it. I have never played F22:ADF, but i own and still play, TAW and love it.

Cheers!

------------------
Moorthane

Accidents are only unexplained probabilities

Posts: 41 | From: Lawrenceville, GA USA | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Tracer
Member # 259

posted 06-11-2000 08:54 AM     Profile for Tracer   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
x-ring,the file on http://www.patches-scrolls.de/index3.html
is f22aerg1.zip(unzips as f22aerg1.exe) F-22 ADF 1.1 (english, 3DFX Voodoo cards)
*not* f22aerg.exe which you quoted.

The method for installing this patch(if my memory serves me well is toplace the f22aerg1.exe into the same DIR as F-22ADF so that the F22.exe can "see" the f22aerg1.exe(they should be side by side)

it wont work outside of the F-22ADF DIR!

Run the f22aerg1.exe and it should find the f22.exe and patch it-if not try again after a reboot.

I have the webupdate.exe and the f22aerg1.exe
but to run them (when i first got it)you had to place both of them into the F22DIR(as above) and run the webupdate.exe instead

Tracer

------------------
"Flying is the second greatest thing known to man!
The first is landing!!"

[This message has been edited by Tracer (edited 06-11-2000).]

Posts: 681 | From: Edinburgh,Scotland | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Chino
Member # 3292

posted 06-12-2000 11:18 AM     Profile for Chino   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Infogrames North America has a site that contains patches for the DID games they distributed (ADF, TAW, Wargasm). There are three patches there, including Glide and D3D versions.
http://www.ina-support.com/patches/

BTW, I saw F22:TAW in Software Etc. recently for $14.99 -- so it seems to still be in the US discount channels. If you like ADF, TAW is much the same but better in a number of ways.

Posts: 57 | From: Westborough, MA, USA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
x-ring
unregistered

posted 06-12-2000 06:20 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Chino:
Infogrames North America has a site that contains patches for the DID games they distributed (ADF, TAW, Wargasm). There are three patches there, including Glide and D3D versions.
http://www.ina-support.com/patches/

BTW, I saw F22:TAW in Software Etc. recently for $14.99 -- so it seems to still be in the US discount channels. If you like ADF, TAW is much the same but better in a number of ways.

URGENT: To all that added input to my original post, I think I found the patch and wer'e back in business I downloaded an exe. patch which instantly took and quickly did a systems check of all the avionics "Bitchin Betty" the works while sitting on the runway and everything appeared to be back in business and everything avionics wise appeared to work fine, I havn't kicked in the engines yet I just did a quick systems check on all my avionics and I think I found it, I have yet to get airborne and see if the cluster bombs work and then I will be sure so everyone hold up and let me do my research and when I confirm which should be about a week or so I will gladly post my findings and e-mail the complete and detailed intructions as well as the patch to anyone interested as soon as I put it to it's test so hang on I think I found the fix, so stand by I think this is it, So far so good okay!

Any questions please e-mail me at the address that I posted in my initial posting it it much simpler for my to kick back an e-mail to you okay, but get ready, I think the hunt is over once I do a final systems check. Is that a Roger!

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.