my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Jets   » Sierra, could they suck more?

Author Topic: Sierra, could they suck more?
Major Tom
Member # 1256

posted 05-28-2000 01:09 AM     Profile for Major Tom   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
As combat sim flyers we've run into a problem or two with a game company or two, but there is one that just takes the cake for the most inconsiderate bunch of assholes this side of the solar system.

Sierra be thy name.

First it was Aces X-Fighters... highly original, sound in concept, but they canceled it. We where never given an explanation. Oh well. It's not so bad, other companies have done that.

Then it was Desert fighters. Well this one sure looked like a winner. Again it was a stunningly original game, that if given half a chance, might have even been fun for the general public. They canceled that one to.

Then they went and canceled Babylon 5, yet another groundbreaking simulation. They even had NASA involved in the project at one time. And definitely appealing to the general public.

And for what...

Professional Bull Rider and Curse You Red Baron, that's what.

So Sierra I say to you...

SCREW YOU AND THE HORSE YOU RODE IN ON!

Posts: 1352 | From: Prescott, AZ | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
Beirut
Member # 32

posted 05-28-2000 08:16 AM     Profile for Beirut     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My only real problem with Sierra is that &^%*&$ Sierra Utilities that gets installed when I put RB3D into my machine but is almost impossible to get out. What's the point except to piss off the customer.

For that one irritation alone I join you in saying "screw Sierra". Let 'em rot.

Posts: 382 | From: Quebec, Canada | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
The Whistler
Member # 4609

posted 05-28-2000 10:14 AM     Profile for The Whistler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Navy Seals looked promising too. Sierra used to be one of my favourite publishers but now they suck.
Posts: 1736 | From: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada [email protected] | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
'
Member # 3472

posted 05-28-2000 01:09 PM     Profile for '   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Beirut, when you are uninstalling Sierra's game, go to utility, uninstall the game first, reboot. Then go to Sierra utility again, and uninstall utility, reboot.

------------------
... --- ... --- ... --- ...

Posts: 445 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Major Tom
Member # 1256

posted 05-28-2000 02:46 PM     Profile for Major Tom   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh, forgot about navy Seals.

...urge to kill, rising!

Posts: 1352 | From: Prescott, AZ | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
Otto el piloto
Member # 4865

posted 05-28-2000 05:12 PM     Profile for Otto el piloto   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh yes... Sierra utilities. We all love them so much...
Nothing like having your computer full of amazing utilities you never asked for. I just love it.

Otto
"ole mi Fari"

Posts: 11 | From: UK - EU | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
Airdale
Member # 2572

posted 05-28-2000 05:54 PM     Profile for Airdale   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, I was really upset that they canceled B5, the graphics looked awesume!
What really burned me was they later released HOMEWORLD. I thought they were getting out of the space sims.

Anyway I have Homeworld only after a friend let me play his copy. Not a bad sim.

Posts: 6 | From: Fairbanks, AK | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Vector
Member # 463

posted 05-29-2000 02:49 AM     Profile for Vector   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Homeworld is an RTS, not a sim.

What pisses me off about Sierra is their piss-poor adventure games! I used to play the good ol Kings Quest series, but after number 6 they turned their target onto kids.

------------------
-\/ector, Flight Sim Sympathizer
LGB Bombing Strategy

Posts: 903 | From: Comox, BC, Canada | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
Lud von Pipper
Member # 82

posted 05-29-2000 07:38 PM     Profile for Lud von Pipper   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I was so upset by their late game screwing (I was ready to get B5 and DF) that I sweared never again to buy anything from them (so I egerly burned myself a copy of Homeworld and waited to play GK3 till a friend of mine gave me it's copy of the game once it finished it )
I never had been so proud of these piracies, It smelt like revenge and it was sooooo sweet!

LvP

Posts: 273 | From: Italy | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
RanRodee
Member # 350

posted 05-29-2000 09:50 PM     Profile for RanRodee   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
With that BS that publishers pull right now.. Sad. I was looking forward to babylon5, too. As well as Dessert Fighters.... Oh well.

Sierra, Hasbro, etc. all disapoint anymore.
For that reason, I added an "open letter" forum to my site where ppl can post their dislikes with gaming companies. I hope that that will get enough posts out for devs. to read...
Check it out. See URL in Signature!

RR

------------------
Visit r a i n g a m i n g.
Forums-on-demand: Cannot find a forum for your favorite game anywhere? Request it @ r a i n g a m i n g!
http://home.mmcable.com/raingaming or
http://members.xoom.com/RainGaming

Posts: 215 | From: Oklahoma CIty, OK, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
K6_Scorp
Member # 4025

posted 05-30-2000 08:29 PM     Profile for K6_Scorp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sierra BLOWS! I'd been following B5 for over a year, waiting... It was at E3 in 1999...I've got the poster and magnet hanging in my office at work...still. Before, it was to keep me motivated for this game...now it's just to remind me of the repulsion I feel for Sierra Studios. Team Fortress 2 looks good, but I'll never buy it!

------------
Agile - Mobile - Definitely Hostile towards Sierra

Posts: 195 | From: Sunny Southern California | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.