my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Jets   » TAW Question ?

Author Topic: TAW Question ?
Bobo32
Member # 1366

posted 05-17-2000 02:05 AM     Profile for Bobo32   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I read somewhere about using Shift-F7 to turn on "anti-aliasing" - I've tried this, and can't see any noticeable difference - am I missing something ? (My system is a P2 350, 256Mb, Voodoo 3 3000 AGP)

Also, is there any way to reduce the seemingly infinite number of aircraft you get put up against ?

Posts: 155 | From: Southampton, Hampshire, UK | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
Tracer
Member # 259

posted 05-17-2000 08:17 AM     Profile for Tracer   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi Bobo32,
Try ALT+7(keyboard "7" not num pad) that will toggle Anti-aliasing on/off,but you can enable Anti-aliasing thru "options" within the game

As for the "never ending" enemy planes....the only way of reducing them is to knock out their airfields?(try and destroy as many buildings as possible and damage the runway)
Also kill the AWACS/EWR and it helps blind the enemy and you can vector double-flights of your planes onto them before they can detect you. It can seriously take "real" weeks to win/lose but it's an excellent sim!

Tracer

------------------
"Flying is the second greatest thing known to man!
The first is landing!!"

Posts: 681 | From: Edinburgh,Scotland | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Andy Bush
Member # 12

posted 05-17-2000 08:33 AM     Profile for Andy Bush   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Bobo

Shift/F7 allows you to change your external view. I know of no anti-aliasing' feature in TAW.

As far as I know, you can only specify the number of opponents in Custom Combat.

Andy

Posts: 595 | From: St Louis, Mo | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Tracer
Member # 259

posted 05-17-2000 12:12 PM     Profile for Tracer   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Quote:"Shift/F7 allows you to change your external view. I know of no anti-aliasing' feature in TAW."
Have a look in your TAW Options Andy.......and be very embarrassed
Did you think i made it up? lol

Yes the "ALT+7" key toggles anti-aliasing on/off.......i have just "done it in TAW!"

Quote:"As far as I know, you can only specify the number of opponents in Custom Combat."

Bobo32 is talking about the number of enemy planes *attacking you* in the campaign

Away back to cutting the grass Andy........

Tracer

------------------
The first is landing!!"

Andy Bush
Member # 12

posted 05-17-2000 07:56 PM     Profile for Andy Bush   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Bobo

Well...there you have it! Please refer to Tracer's info.

Thanks for the correction, Tracer. I looked thru my manual and found no reference to anti-aliasing. Nor could I find any mention of it in the Official Strategy Guide.

Andy

Posts: 595 | From: St Louis, Mo | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Bobo32
Member # 1366

posted 05-18-2000 01:48 AM     Profile for Bobo32   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks for the help guys! What does the anti-aliasing option do ?
Posts: 155 | From: Southampton, Hampshire, UK | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
Tracer
Member # 259

posted 05-18-2000 07:12 AM     Profile for Tracer   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Andy,there is no reference to anti-aliasing in the manual....only when you go into the game and then into the "Options" menu there is a radio button for "Anti-Aliasing"(third button up from the bottom left-"he said quickly firing up the game!" )
The Alt+7 key was "carried" over from F22ADF it was on the CD readme i think?-so rather than toggle it thru options you can use the "hot keys" above......................

Bobo32,
If you go into an external view of your plane "F7" and toggle the Alt+7 key, you will notice it takes away "jaggy" edges from your plane/other planes and also vehicles/ships.It makes objects smoother.

Hope you made a good job of the grass Andy

Cheers Guys

Tracer

------------------
The first is landing!!"

Bobo32
Member # 1366

posted 05-18-2000 10:27 AM     Profile for Bobo32   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks very much for the xplanation!
Badboy
unregistered

posted 05-18-2000 07:37 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi Tracer

There just can't be more than one Tracer in Scotland... How ya doing buddy?

>> Hope you made a good job of
>> the grass Andy

The last time I saw you, weren't you cutting some grass of your own, with a lawn dart

I see you still have more attitude than flying skill

Badboy

IP: Logged
Victor
Member # 249

posted 05-19-2000 09:13 AM     Profile for Victor   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tracer:
If you go into an external view of your plane "F7" and toggle the Alt+7 key, you will notice it takes away "jaggy" edges from your plane/other planes and also vehicles/ships.It makes objects smoother.
[/B]

does this actually work under D3D? I KNOW it worls nicely under Glide/Voodoo; but it doesn't seem to do anything running on my GeForce card.

Victor

Posts: 236 | From: New York, NY | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Nacant
Member # 4357

posted 05-19-2000 09:23 AM     Profile for Nacant   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

[This message has been edited by Nacant (edited 05-19-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Nacant (edited 05-19-2000).]

Posts: 28 | From: Koethen, Germany | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.