my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Jets   » Frame rates

Author Topic: Frame rates
Hapy4evr
Member # 3179

posted 05-09-2000 11:24 AM     Profile for Hapy4evr   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This is a reply that I posted under another topic. I thought I would post it here because I am getting soooooooo fed up with these inflated claims which lure would - be sim buyers only to have them turn bitter towards all flight sims:

Okay.... I'm not going to argue the point. But.......110 FPS in a clear sky (which I assume means on takeoff where your screen shows nothing but blue sky) is not a real guage. I'm refering to normal game state. You know, with buildings, ground clutter, or even just clouds !! I think the guys (or developers) who advertise FPS with sound off, clear skies, scenery settings at 0, are only trying to mislead others into thinking that this is the norm. And I have worked VERY hard on my system to make sure that it is the most muscular platform I can afford ( I like to eat after all) with all hardware tuned to gaming. Let's get real guys. Do you fly to approximate the real world or to sit back and watch your frame counter??!!

I know this is kinda long but...... lets be real, most flight simmers (as well as most other P.C game players) are in reality looking for nothing more that "fluid" play. No bumps, no stutters. I don't care if that happens at 15 or 100 FPS.

Posts: 143 | From: Buena Park, Ca. | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Snail
Member # 3654

posted 05-09-2000 02:58 PM     Profile for Snail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Can't agree more!
Posts: 57 | From: Nunspeet, Nederland | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Nanole
Member # 3708

posted 05-10-2000 10:24 AM     Profile for Nanole   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hapy4evr,

If you go back and READ my post on another topic you will see that I said UP TO 110 FPS.

Nobody is trying to mislead anyone.

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.