my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Jets   » JSF

Author Topic: JSF
Bobo32
Member # 1366

posted 04-12-2000 09:55 AM     Profile for Bobo32   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ive seen JSF on budget here - does anyone still fly it - what's it like ?

Any comments appreciated

Posts: 155 | From: Southampton, Hampshire, UK | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
Mispunt
Member # 3500

posted 04-13-2000 09:28 AM     Profile for Mispunt   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi,
I recently re-installed it, so here my findings...

Pro's:

Good entry sim, easy going (comparable to ef2000 or TAW).

Great atmospheric graphics. (a bit in the vain of Apache Havoc).

Next generation weapons to toy with (albeit limited choice).

You can, after ejection, WALK yourself back home....

Rich enviroment.

Con's:

Entry sim, easy going.

Shallow linear campaign.

Posts: 182 | From: Rotterdam, The Netherlands | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
mbaxter
Member # 191

posted 04-15-2000 06:37 AM     Profile for mbaxter   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I've had JSF since 1998 and still play it from time to time. No sim ever made before or since has captured that elusive sensation of speed like JSF has. It's simply the best feeling of flight you'll see in any sim, period. The JSF engine is outstanding and doesn't even require a monster CPU. On my Celery 466, it's smooth and very convincing. Other sims that require P3 and above machines still don't have graphics or a feeling of flight on par with JSF.

One tip, though: Turn off the "Head Tilting" and "Head Shaking" options - they make it hard to use the MFD buttons in the virtual cockpit when it's shaking so much.

There's also a fun cheat - hold down both CTRL buttons at the same time when you're choosing your airplane in the pilot screen, and you can fly any plane or helicopter, minus the virtual cockpit.

Posts: 1687 | From: USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Bobo32
Member # 1366

posted 04-15-2000 06:48 PM     Profile for Bobo32   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks for the replies - sounds like it might be worth picking up on budget!

Posts: 155 | From: Southampton, Hampshire, UK | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.