my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Jets   » Art of the Kill video files?

Author Topic: Art of the Kill video files?
Chino
Member # 3292

posted 04-08-2000 08:56 AM     Profile for Chino   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I was reading the book "The Art of the Kill" by Pete Bonanni last night. This is a cool little book on BFM/ACM that came with "Falcon Gold" (my first flight sim, back in 1994). There were also videos for this manual that came on the Falcon Gold CD along with a DOS-based video player. I wanted to view these again. I tried to install this on my Win98 system, and it seemed to install OK, and I created a MS-DOS-mode shortcut to run it. It loads, but the videos won't play -- no messages either.

Does anybody know if these animations (.fvf files) can be viewed with any other viewer or utility (Win-based), or was this a proprietary format used by Spectrum-Holobyte?

Has anyone installed and run these through Win98 and can suggest settings? My DOS is a bit rusty!

Thanks a lot!

Posts: 57 | From: Westborough, MA, USA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Medway
Member # 2159

posted 04-08-2000 12:22 PM     Profile for Medway   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
go to this site, they have the video in real player format:
http://www.reheat.com/~reheatsa/F4v1_08/

lots of cool stuff here, scroll down, you will see the AOTK video with the encounter between the f14 and two lybian migs.

sounds like your problem is that the cd is not being recongnized. does the player load but when you click to start the video nothing happens? i had this problem, you need to make sure the cd is in and that it knows the correct path. i would just say go to this site and download it in real player format. also there is an updated video player from microprose you might be able to find on their ftp site. good luck.

Posts: 182 | From: Orlando, FL USA | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.