my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Jets   » Does anyone know anything of Tornado2?

Author Topic: Does anyone know anything of Tornado2?
Mispunt
Member # 3500

posted 03-29-2000 10:07 AM     Profile for Mispunt   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Tornado is one of my all time favorites and I heard that DI has plans for a sequel.

b.t.w does anyone know if the original is still available, and how I can get hold of it?

"Fighter pilots make movies, Mud Movers make history" (or something like that)

Posts: 182 | From: Rotterdam, The Netherlands | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
LeadHead
Member # 184

posted 03-31-2000 08:55 AM     Profile for LeadHead   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Tornado II is kind of "semi-official".

Anthony Redfern (DI's project manager) made a statement somewhere on the "Project Tornado" (Tornado revisited) message boards...

I've got his quote in the "Super Hornet - Questions and answers" section on my site:
http://fly.to/lead-head
(just another another shameless plug...)
Go to:
"Air-Combat"
"Super Hornet by DI"
"Questions&Answers"

Click the link next to the latest update and then scroll down a bit; Voilŗ! You're there! :-)

What makes me very irritated is that I'm pretty sure that I've read somewhere DI stated, directly or via some news source like combatsim.com, that they will really develop "Tornado II" along with "Harrier"...

------------------
Lead-Head's Simulation Site:

Posts: 775 | From: PiteŚ, Norrbotten, Sweden. | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Mispunt
Member # 3500

posted 03-31-2000 11:33 AM     Profile for Mispunt   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
LeadHead: Thanks for the info.

Irritated, why?
are you afraid that this simultainuous development will compromise the overall quality?

I actually really like the idea of a new Harrier sim, so reading this makes me a happy person (let's just hope that it will all come true).
If they build these games around the upcoming campaign engine for SH then these could be fine additions to the genre.

Cheers

Posts: 182 | From: Rotterdam, The Netherlands | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
xj_mike
Member # 3191

posted 04-01-2000 03:28 PM     Profile for xj_mike   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I've got to say, it would be kinda refreshing to see a sim that is not based on the compulsory F-15, 16, 18 and 22 for once. The Tornado, Harrier, F-14 etc. all deserve a chance.

Not that I'm complaining about Jane's F/A-18 though.

Posts: 239 | From: Lunar surface | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
scanman
Member # 1697

posted 04-06-2000 08:39 PM     Profile for scanman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Tornado 2 would be great, but if Titus dictate to DI again (like they did in SuperHornet), then I'm afraid we are all in for another let down.

DI, don't let us down again.

Take note RAZ!

Scanman

------------------
Dar B (SCANMAN)

Posts: 93 | From: Belfast, Ireland | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
goanna
Member # 1639

posted 04-06-2000 11:16 PM     Profile for goanna   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I would like to see SSI make the Tornado, both IDS and ADV an adversarial addon to Flanker 2. I think that SSI is the only simm producer with the ability to pull it off successfully at the moment. I would like to see the same for Harrier (addon to Flanker2) Both RAF GR&'s amd Sea Harrier Mk2's could e modelled. With tha Sea Harrier we get the added bonus of carrier landings and take-offs.
Posts: 427 | From: QLD Australia | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
mbaxter
Member # 191

posted 04-07-2000 02:02 AM     Profile for mbaxter   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Heck Flanker2 doesn't even have the Tornado as an AI-flown aircraft. But for some strange reason it has the long-retired F-111B instead.

Go figure...

Posts: 1687 | From: USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
goanna
Member # 1639

posted 04-07-2000 03:37 AM     Profile for goanna   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
F-111b's arn't that long retired. Regardless, SSI still make a dam fine simm. One do so without modelling a plane who's name starts with F-xx.
Posts: 427 | From: QLD Australia | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
Zed
Member # 64

posted 04-07-2000 03:45 AM     Profile for Zed     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The Tornado is not in operation in that theater.

Z

Posts: 866 | From: Midlands, UK | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
mbaxter
Member # 191

posted 04-07-2000 12:18 PM     Profile for mbaxter   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Perhaps, but would it not have been fun to shoot down British Tornados and French Mirage-2000's from the cockpit of your SU-27?

I wish SSI had factored NATO into the game; would've allowed for more interesting custom scenarios.

Posts: 1687 | From: USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
LeadHead
Member # 184

posted 04-08-2000 05:23 PM     Profile for LeadHead   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"Irritated, why? are you afraid that this simultainuous development will compromise the overall quality?"

Sorry for that... It was a major screw-up by me.

What I meant to say was that I'm irritated because I've read somewhere or possibly made conclusions from sveral pieces I've read that DI is developing those two sims but I can't find where I got it from...

------------------
Lead-Head's Simulation Site:

Posts: 775 | From: PiteŚ, Norrbotten, Sweden. | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

© COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.