my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Jets   » Mig Alley simply Rules!

Author Topic: Mig Alley simply Rules!
Boxcar
Member # 1919

posted 03-27-2000 05:20 PM     Profile for Boxcar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Enough said!

Boxcar

Posts: 317 | From: Vancouver,B.C.,Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Kraut
Member # 513

posted 03-27-2000 05:34 PM     Profile for Kraut   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have a friend coming to see this sim. He hasen't been in an 86 cockpit for 40 yrs. He flew for the RCAF back in the 50s. This should be interesting! I'll keep you posted on his & my response.
Great sim for flame throwers!
FWIW,
Good Hunting!

Posts: 754 | From: Kitchener Ont. Can. | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
'
Member # 3472

posted 03-27-2000 06:00 PM     Profile for '   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Kraut, you have Internet in Kitchener?
How is going neighbour? I am in the Big City. Used to drive a "semi" every day between Kitchener and Toronto, pulling plastic pipes for "EMCO", "WESTBURN", etc. Which part of the town you are in?

------------------
... --- ... --- ... --- ...

Posts: 445 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Boxcar
Member # 1919

posted 03-27-2000 06:57 PM     Profile for Boxcar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
To Kraut, Are you currently playing the Spring Offensive Campaign? It simply rocks!
Eg: I was on a strike mission at dusk in F-84. About 10 miles out at 8000` I noticed a flight of about 22 Mig 15`s climing up towards me. It kinda spooked me because you could see that their climbing ability was superior to my F-84. I saw half a dozen of them peel off in my direction while the rest were jumped by the Sabre CAP. Upon sighting the intended target "runway" I slammed the throttle forward and ordered my wingmen to run in. Boom! a dead hit on the centre runway, now I new these tailing migs were pissed! I peeled off at low altitude and ordered my wingmen to "get out of there". I vectored to home at low altitude hoping that I could elude the migs hot on my tail. Just as it appeared that I had slipped away I was jumped by a lone Mig! I pulled up hard and he over shot me. I struggled to get on his tail and managed to squeeze off a burst and punched a hole in his fuel tank. You could see the fuel streaming out against the stunning amber horizon. At this point he was starting to out turn me and give me the jitters as my F-84 buffeted close to stall. When out of the blue an F-86 came screaming in on a deflection pass and smoked the mig.....Wow I was totally stunned...what an experience! I actually felt impressed that I had half a kill! Running desperately low on fuel I managed to make it home with 2 wingmen. I was relieved to make it home just before dark with a mission success!
The Spring Offensive is fantastic. Mig Alley simply rules!

Boxcar

MERACE
Member # 1595

posted 03-28-2000 10:09 AM     Profile for MERACE   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I totally agree with you! Mig Alley's campaigns are the most realistic and immersive that I have ever played (including F4). Whenever I need a "quick fix" I jump into the Hot Seat for some awesome dogfighting. I feel that Mig Alley has nailed it on all aspects of what a great combat flight sim should contain: great flight model, smooth realistic looking graphics, realistic AI, and an immersive dynamic campaign. Now, if Rowen Software can refine the multiplayer component of this sim in the upcoming patch then I will be in "flight sim heaven".

-MERACE

Oops - meant to say Hot Shot (ya right - he plays this sim alot, LOL).

[This message has been edited by MERACE (edited 03-28-2000).]

Posts: 32 | From: Troy MI USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
Kraut
Member # 513

posted 03-28-2000 02:04 PM     Profile for Kraut   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
HEY NEIGHBOUR!!! Vict. & Fis. Hal.
Into WW2 but got MA for a try. A "little" more simplistic than F4. I find it more difficult when I leave the realms of not "seeing" my opponents before I smoke em. I also find the selection of weapons a little overwhelming in the more modern flame throwers. Just learning MA so not in to deep yet. Those Migs are scatty little buggers.
FWIW,
Good Hunting!

Posts: 754 | From: Kitchener Ont. Can. | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
Boxcar
Member # 1919

posted 03-28-2000 05:38 PM     Profile for Boxcar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Kraut, I here yah. Wait until you run into those "red tails", they are deadly! They will gun you in the face if they get the chance.

Boxcar

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.