my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Jets   » Looking for a patch for JSF

Author Topic: Looking for a patch for JSF
Nanole
Member # 3708

posted 03-26-2000 10:57 AM     Profile for Nanole   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi,
I know there is a patch out there somehwere
But I can't find it.
Tried D/L from this site but it seems to be missing.

I just bought this sim [used] and the keyboard map sheet was missing.
Anyone have any ideas where I could obtain a copy.

Thanks

SPOT
Member # 453

posted 03-27-2000 01:18 PM     Profile for SPOT   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Try this site for patch: http://www.avault.com/pcrl/patches_temp.asp?patch=jsf&size=2

and if that hyperlink doesn't work - go to Adrenaline Vault - they have different patches for JSF. JSF is a nice little medium sim - the only thing I don't like about it is the landings are hard and I think that has nothing to do with the JSF FM but something that was never fixed in the sim.

I can mail you a xerox copy of the keyboard.
Give me an e:mail address and I will contact you for your postal address.

Right now I'm playing around with the GraphicSim HORNET/KOREA demo and found the landings of the FA-18 in that sim demo are easier then JSF! I got F4 and Janes F15 on my HD and ditto with those. So their is a bug in the landing. Still as MBaxter said JSF graphics can't be beat for feeling of flight. Someone posted in one forum string that they got slightly dizzy playing a game or sim. I can honestly say JSF-when played at low level made me get a feeling of nausea because of the visual cues.
Geeeez graphics aren't cutting edge - but I still would by a study sim today with the engine in JSF.

I should elaborate on the problems with landing-approaching the airfield is no problem. It's when the tires hit the tarmac - whatever JSF model you are flying gets 'twitchy' and you endup as a 'virtual' fieball.

[This message has been edited by SPOT (edited 03-27-2000).]

SPOT
Member # 453

posted 03-27-2000 01:49 PM     Profile for SPOT   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
DUH! I got a scanner so give me your e:mail and I will scan the keycard. Don't know why I would bother with stamped mail?
Nanole
Member # 3708

posted 03-27-2000 02:12 PM     Profile for Nanole   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Spot,

Thanks for the reply and your help. Much appreciated.

Hornet/Korea is another old sim, isn't it?
I have been looking for a used CD but haven't found one yet. I understand that it has an excellent manual and good traing programs.
I thought I would get in for learning Janes F-18.

My E-Mail [email protected]

Thanks

SPOT
Member # 453

posted 03-27-2000 02:33 PM     Profile for SPOT   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'll scan it when I get home tonight.
I am purchasing GraphicSims HORNET/KOREA
because I want the tutorial - I got enough war to handle in F4 . Andy Bush recommended the H/K for the tutorial alone. That's enough of a 'Good Housekeeping Seal of Approval' for me.
Ever now and then I do a 'hardcore' sim sessesion on my 'puter and then it's me killing the head crabs in HALF-LIFE while sucking down Coronas (mexican brewsky).
After playing the H/K demo and knowing I'll be buying the Janes and DISH down the road I thought I'd drop 34.00 plus change on H/K. I really want H/K for the tutorial and carrier ops. War- F4 and those low-life marines 'rescuers' at Black Mesa are are always there to give me 'virtual' war.

Be warned the H/K demo 3DfX doesn't appear to work so the graphics are less then steller.
But I know 3Dfx works on my PII so it's probably something wrong with the demo.
Still-get the H/K demo - you can see it's a pretty good sim by what they give you as far as FM and avionics. I've seen enough screenshots and reviews on H/K to know 3DFX does work.

idiotic
unregistered

posted 03-29-2000 12:41 AM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Damn, I liked JSF, I was hankering to play it a few weeks ago, but couldn't get it to work at all on my TNT2, since I ditched my Voodoo2 like a year ago. Tried a few glide wrappers to no avail, anyone get it to work on a non 3dfx graphics card?
IP: Logged
thommo
Member # 2839

posted 03-29-2000 09:49 AM     Profile for thommo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
idiotic,
why did you ditch the voodoo II? I'm running a TNT2 as my primary display adapter for all D3D and Open GL games, along with a Creative Labs VoodooII for any Glide ones as secondary. So far absolutely no probs at all.

Actually, I've just re-read the above, I hope I'm not just rubbing salt into the wound in case you had problems running both and have now physically got rid of the voodooII. If I am I apologise.

I tried the wrappers as well and they are generally two-bob and much worse in execution than theory.

------------------
Tally Ho

Thommo

Posts: 74 | From: Essex, UK | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
idiotic
unregistered

posted 03-29-2000 11:12 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, that patch lets me play it in software mode, crashed on me last time I tried it everytime. 1024x768 on my Athlon 600 is pretty smooth, but the 8 bit color, eck.

I dumped my V2, because I'm out of expansion slots, heh, 5 pci all filled.

IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.