my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Jets   » How do i get on multiplayer for TAW?

Author Topic: How do i get on multiplayer for TAW?
RaptorJock
Member # 3531

posted 03-12-2000 08:12 PM     Profile for RaptorJock   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I've tried before, but i dont think anyone ever is playing online? Can anyone help?
RaptorJock
Member # 3531

posted 03-17-2000 06:47 PM     Profile for RaptorJock   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Can ANYONE PLEASE help me? I'd really like to try something other than A.I.... Maybe you, eh? ;^)
Anna
Member # 3613

posted 03-17-2000 08:15 PM     Profile for Anna   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi Raptor,

There exists two possibilities to start a multiplayer game.

a) you are the host. You will select the missions.

By the way : my favour missions are :

Mountain Battle
Seaside Slaughter

in our squadron Mosquitos we will fly against the computer together. This is called Co Op. Our favour Co Op is Airfield Denial.

b) you are guest.

In both cases you will need an IP Number. Every online computer has got an own IP Number. Yours, too. Just start the program WINIPCFG from Windows. Now you can read your own IP Number

a) if you want to host games you have to inform TAW pilots with your IP number. You can inform them if you are use the tool ICQ. ICQ can send messages worldwide less than one second delay. You can download the tool ICQ from http://www.icq.com Every ICQ user will get an UIN [User Identity Number]. My homepage Mosquitos offers an adress book as Excel Document. There are more than 50 active pilots, worldwide with ICQ UIN Number.

Instructions
01. Download ICQ
02. Install ICQ
03. Aquire all known pilots with UIN
04. Talk to people.
05. Decision join an other IP Number or own hosting
06. Start Total Air War
07. Multiplayer TCP/IP Connection
08. Join a game [enter the IP Number]
or host a game
09. New game [Do not forget to inform pilots with your IP Number]

For a better data connection ICQ should be closed when flying TAW. When connection have got a break down you can restart ICQ again and re-meeting.

From Germany with Love
WebMaster & ClubMajor & Pilot of Mosquitos
Anna
http://mitglied.tripod.de/Mosquitos/01.htm

P.S. : You can download the adress book under the section "The Worldwide Fan Club for DiD´s Flight Sims"

Posts: 7 | From: Unna, North Rhein Westfalia, Germany | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
RaptorJock
Member # 3531

posted 03-17-2000 08:19 PM     Profile for RaptorJock   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks so much. ive been wanting to fly online for a while

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

© COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.