my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Jets   » Will friendlies refuel in TAW?

Author Topic: Will friendlies refuel in TAW?
mbaxter
Member # 191

posted 03-09-2000 05:40 PM     Profile for mbaxter   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have never seen a friendly aircraft successfully hook up to a tanker and refuel. What I have seen is time and again, you order a friendly flight to refuel, and what they do is just chase the tanker around forever without hooking up. As far as I can tell, it's impossible to get your guys to refuel. This seems amazingly lame. Heck, refuelers worked fine in EF2000 - why not TAW?

Let me know if I'm right or in fact I'm doing something wrong.

Thanks!

Posts: 1687 | From: USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
ricky faze
unregistered

posted 03-10-2000 02:19 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mbaxter:
I have never seen a friendly aircraft successfully hook up to a tanker and refuel. What I have seen is time and again, you order a friendly flight to refuel, and what they do is just chase the tanker around forever without hooking up. As far as I can tell, it's impossible to get your guys to refuel. This seems amazingly lame. Heck, refuelers worked fine in EF2000 - why not TAW?

Let me know if I'm right or in fact I'm doing something wrong.

Thanks!

IP: Logged
Anna
Member # 3613

posted 03-12-2000 09:19 AM     Profile for Anna   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi pilots,

when you fly and wait on the right site of the refuel tanker the wings will go to refuel.

From Germany with Love
WebMaster & ClubMajor & Pilot
Anna from Mosquitos http://mitglied.tripod.de/Mosquitos/01.htm

Posts: 7 | From: Unna, North Rhein Westfalia, Germany | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
mbaxter
Member # 191

posted 03-12-2000 10:44 PM     Profile for mbaxter   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks, but I was referring to the apparent inability of friendly aircraft to refuel when you order them to from the AWACS screen.
Posts: 1687 | From: USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.