my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Jets   » How to improve DISH before it`s to late!

Author Topic: How to improve DISH before it`s to late!
Boxcar
Member # 1919

posted 03-09-2000 12:05 AM     Profile for Boxcar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Several months ago people asked: "Why isn`t DISH advertising on combat.sim?" Well all of a sudden their banner is finally flashing away.
Now do you think they may be monitoring this Forum like any smart, intelligent developer would. Like Carl Norman (F2) and Matt Wagner (JFA-18). Well now is your time to voice youre opinions on ways to "improve" DISH. Since the Gold Version will be a stand alone product and we bought the packaged "DEMO" with manual and key card. Then speak your Knowledgeable and Hard Core minds and tell them what it will take for you to pay twice!

Boxcar

Posts: 317 | From: Vancouver,B.C.,Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Medway
Member # 2159

posted 03-09-2000 07:20 PM     Profile for Medway   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Why do some of you keep refering to this as a demo? There's loads to do in this game, I'm having a blast. Yes I'm waiting for the campaing just as impatiently as all of you, but to call this a demo isn't giving it justice in my book.
Posts: 182 | From: Orlando, FL USA | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Boxcar
Member # 1919

posted 03-09-2000 11:28 PM     Profile for Boxcar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
O.K....O.K. technically it is not a "demo", although in theory it is. There is actually 4 releases right? UK, US, Mission Buider, and Campaign Version. I mean who can wait for the final campaign version with the other versions already available? Presuming that it is a Beta Demo with inability to design missions or play campaign then you look at it this way. eg: I mean Shogun Demo(RTS)is available and you can experience the full core of the game by editing and downloading battles at your hearts content. The complete version with strategic campaign will be available when it is complete, which you will have to purchase of course. Now if DI is using this strategy in order to secretly review our early immpressions and buggy complaints then essentially we are paying them so that we can be Beta-type testers! It just seems like a cheap shot and brainless marketing strategy to me.
I have this US version and actually prefer it over Janes. It`s classy and has a nice feel to it. There is alot I like about it. If DI follows up with a more mature version and a few obvious enhancements then you bet I will buy it again! But I still disagree and don`t understand why they don`t have a developer out of courtesy ANSWERING QUESTIONS ON THIS FORUM!

Boxcar

Medway
Member # 2159

posted 03-10-2000 09:24 AM     Profile for Medway   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well I agree with you, they should have a rep here to communicate with. I mean what better way to make people happy than to talk to them and ask them what they want. Then again these forums are notorious for simmers throwing insults at developers, look at janes f18 site, they had the developers in there but they ran them off. maybe DI doesn't want to deal with all the whining and insults that would probably happen in this forum too? There aren't too many people who post here that are very constructive in their critism, that's the problem. Maybe DI needed to get some cash flow to support the campaing, you know these sims don't always seel as much as other games and there's a lot of costs to develop, so if they need my money in order to get the campaing working then thats fine, there's plenty to enjoy as it is now. Plus the campaing should actually work as advertised since they are able to devote their full attention to it. Well the proof will be in the pudding, but even if they dont come out with the campaing, i will still be happy with the $40 i spent, that's only one meal out with the girlfrind, and god knows i've have more enjoyment out of this game than most of those meals ;-)
Posts: 182 | From: Orlando, FL USA | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Boxcar
Member # 1919

posted 03-11-2000 12:30 AM     Profile for Boxcar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Good...time to jump to DISH forum.

Boxcar

CH1
Member # 2957

posted 03-11-2000 02:12 AM     Profile for CH1   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Right on the ball midway
check your gear down..and your hook

Posts: 9 | From: San Diego CA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.