my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Jets   » Trade Janes for DISH

Author Topic: Trade Janes for DISH
Gill
Member # 3230

posted 03-04-2000 03:55 PM     Profile for Gill   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi: I have a two week old retail copy of Janes F/A-18 that I want to trade.
I will do an even swap for super-hornet by DI.
My system just cant run Jane's the way I want to run it.
And after reading Migmans review of DI's my system will run it with everything on, at 1024x768.
So, give me a hollar if your interested.
ICQ= 65523451
[email protected]

Blond_Knight
Member # 67

posted 03-04-2000 04:26 PM     Profile for Blond_Knight     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Gill Ive got a copy of Panzer elite if your interested.
Posts: 1093 | From: Richmond Va - Capital of the Confederacy | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Gill
Member # 3230

posted 03-04-2000 04:40 PM     Profile for Gill   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks, but no thanks.

McFear
Member # 2734

posted 03-04-2000 09:48 PM     Profile for McFear   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Janes f18 is a better game.
There is crap in both, but the bull in digital integrations
hornet is hard to swallow. YOu can blow up ships with bullets, so there goes your missles, would be more fun to have to use them. There are all these lakes and the edges
are just straight lines, the virtual cockpit is usless and somewhat messed up. I could go on but, thats the uk release.
The frame rate isn't anybetter.

[This message has been edited by McFear (edited 03-04-2000).]

Medway
Member # 2159

posted 03-06-2000 11:44 AM     Profile for Medway   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
>YOu can blow up ships with bullets

Yes but in Janes the boats can "sail" over land.

>the virtual cockpit is usless and somewhat messed up

it's not the best looking thing I agree,
but in my opinion the 2D scrollable cockpit
kills Janes cockpit.

>The frame rate isn't anybetter.

It is on mine and many others systems.

Posts: 182 | From: Orlando, FL USA | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
MERACE
Member # 1595

posted 03-07-2000 09:44 AM     Profile for MERACE   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I agree that the framerate in DISH is MUCH better than Jane's FA18. However, the so-called campaign in DISH does not even compare with Jane's version of a campaign.

If Jane's had the 2d cockpit view and the framerates that DISH has then Jane's FA18 would be the "ultimate jet flight sim". (IMHO, of course)

-MERACE

Posts: 32 | From: Troy MI USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
Medway
Member # 2159

posted 03-08-2000 09:41 AM     Profile for Medway   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I like DISH's single missions more thant Janes scripted campaign. The reason is that there ar elots of units all involved at once. A big ground war and lots of a/c flying around. To me this really adds to the immersivness.
MERACE
Member # 1595

posted 03-08-2000 10:03 AM     Profile for MERACE   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The thing I don't like about the single missions in DISH (including campaign missions in many other sims) is that they are not very realistic. The USAF would never send in a single element or package into an area with lots of enemy foes without backing them up with many other allied flight packages.

-MERACE

Posts: 32 | From: Troy MI USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
Ghostrider
Member # 2062

posted 03-08-2000 05:59 PM     Profile for Ghostrider   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yep, I'll trade my Janes across the board also. On my machine, 550 mhz p-3, it does'nt matter about frame rates, missions or anything else, as the sim is so dark that I can't see a damn thing anyway. with brightness all the way up and various enhancements downloaded, it's still the darkest sim I have ever seen. It's a good thing that you can zoom in a little on the mfd's, otherwise you would be flying in a pitch black closet.

------------------
God is my copilot.

Posts: 75 | From: Wash, Pa. | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Medway
Member # 2159

posted 03-08-2000 07:54 PM     Profile for Medway   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well there are lots of allied planes in the air with you, just not assinged to the same task. After the mission, in the debrief, look at all the enemy planes shot down, not by you but by allied AI units. But I know what you're saying. When I put my a-a radar on in DISH there' always loads of a/c. But not too many engage.

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.