my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Jets   » DISH???

Author Topic: DISH???
Kraut
Member # 513

posted 03-04-2000 10:22 AM     Profile for Kraut   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Is there a way of panning around the plane from outside using the hat? Also, whilst in the cockpit, my pan viewing is limited. Should I not be able to pan Rt. or Lt. 90 degrees?
FWIW,
Good Hunting!

Posts: 754 | From: Kitchener Ont. Can. | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
Treets
Member # 3267

posted 03-04-2000 10:37 AM     Profile for Treets     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Part of my key-reference card:

1234: Intena cockpit snap left, up, down, right
5: reset internal view
alt [arrow left][arrow down][arrow right][arrow up]: Camera panning left, up, down, riht
><: camera zoom in, out
F7: F18 external view
Ctrl F7: F18 Chase cam

Treets

Posts: 29 | From: Netherlands | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Shavah
Member # 243

posted 03-04-2000 10:50 AM     Profile for Shavah   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Kraut to pan around outside hold the alt key down and use the joystick, this is the same way DI does it in their other sims and it seems to work pretty well.

As for the internal views being limited in the degree to which one can pan left and right....well this one is frustrating me too.

My biggest problem with this one is the difference between F1(2d cockpit) and F2(virtual cockpit). I can't see and difference in the two views at all. Is anyone else having this problem?

Otherwise I don't mind this sim at all, like all the others it has it's good and bad points but I think the good outweighs the bad overall.

Posts: 551 | From: Omaha NE | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Kraut
Member # 513

posted 03-04-2000 08:31 PM     Profile for Kraut   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks for the input! Greatly appreciated. I'm still trying to get the hat for panning. Maybe one should focus on the dash more than the outside views. In WW2 stuff, it certainly is the outside view but with all this electronic stuff, maybe it's not needed. Oh, by the way, on our TM WCSII, I have the throttle settings @
THR 45 5 = - = - = -. This a GAME 1 @ 100.
Hope this helps. It took me over an 1 1/2 Hr. to figure just this part out! I'm liking this sim better than USAF & F18. I liked the graphics on USAF but I'm enjoying the FM better on this one.
FWIW,
Good Hunting!

Posts: 754 | From: Kitchener Ont. Can. | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.