my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Jets   » Total Air War?

Author Topic: Total Air War?
Russ
Member # 2575

posted 03-02-2000 04:52 PM     Profile for Russ   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Is DID's TAW worth $19.99? I was particularly intrigued by the player's role as an AWACS controller. I know its not a "hard-core," ultrarealistic sim, but if it is entertaining, I might be interested.

I would appreciate your opinions, fellow sim-folks.

Posts: 47 | From: Manassas, VA, U. S. | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
FM Jump
Member # 1261

posted 03-02-2000 06:55 PM     Profile for FM Jump   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have heard that the un-patched game is incredibly buggy but I'd like to know if the patch made the game P E R F E C T!
I too would like to buy it if it works right!

Danny
unregistered

posted 03-02-2000 10:19 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Buy it guys. With the patch downloaded from www.did-us.com, there are very little problems in my experience. I love the game, the en AI is excellent, the smartviews are out of this world - I reckon immersiveness is here in droves.

Also, it is no CPU hog like thieves like Falcon 4, and runs really well on most semi modern systems.

IP: Logged
Hunter Cole
Member # 3440

posted 03-03-2000 09:09 AM     Profile for Hunter Cole   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
by all means get TAW. It's worth the money-as a matter of fact it's diamond in the rough. It covers a more intensive air camaign than it's predecessor F-22ADF and allows you to jump from the AWACs to a F-22and back again. Graphics are good, you can do multiplayer and still holds it own against some newer sims like USAF.

It has a good learning curve and it's manual is pretty thick, but not like the ones in F4 and F-15.

It ran good out of the box on my old P1 200mhz, 48 Meg, 13x cd,voodoo2 sb-16 rig.

hmm.. I think I'll get it out of the library and see how it runs on my new rig...

but buy it and F-22ADF..while you can still find it..

Posts: 184 | From: Danville, Va USA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Russ
Member # 2575

posted 03-03-2000 11:07 AM     Profile for Russ   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
FM Jump, Danny, Hunter Cole, many thanks. Your opinions have convinced me to give it a try.

I enjoy F4 temendously but I tell you, a less intense and demanding jet-sim that gives an uncomplicated "experience" would be a welcome break. No arcade stuff, just a good balance between F4/JF-18 and something like AFT. I remember being surprised with how much plain-old, basic *fun* I had when I tried USNF/ATF.

Posts: 47 | From: Manassas, VA, U. S. | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.