my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Jets   » Mig Alley's a Classic

Author Topic: Mig Alley's a Classic
Loki
unregistered

posted 03-02-2000 02:39 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Why hasn't Mig Alley made more of a splash? How good does a freaking game have to be?
IP: Logged
JA
unregistered

posted 03-02-2000 05:08 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I completely agree - it must be a combination of poor distribution and perhaps an unfortunate lack of interest in the Korean War. This sim should be winning awards left and right - an incredible combination of fun, realism, detail, variety, immersiveness, etc. I suppose it is the sort of thing for which the term "sleeper" was coined.
thommo
Member # 2839

posted 03-03-2000 04:22 AM     Profile for thommo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It also might have something to do with being released in UK/Europe before America, and the fact that online multiplay isn't standard in the release yet, so no servers have popped up yet (and they would thrive imho, as it's some of the best dogfighting around). Good games spread by word of mouth, and in the US (I believe) the local phone calls that you connect to the internet with are free, it doesn't cost you anything to try it out online, where this game would shine.

------------------
------------------
Tally Ho

Thommo

Posts: 74 | From: Essex, UK | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Capitan Manduca
Member # 918

posted 03-03-2000 04:46 AM     Profile for Capitan Manduca   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The joystick and 3D support are the killers. I bought it for $18.75 when it was available in Spain and have played two or three times.

First, the S3 Virge + Voodoo2 made the game to crash and after the joystick was too much sensible... porca miseria.

------------------
"Roll over, spin round and come in behind them. Move to their blindsides and firing again"
Iron Maiden - Aces High

Posts: 888 | From: Madrid, España | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
Loki
unregistered

posted 03-03-2000 09:25 AM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My stick was sensitive until I widened the dead zone for the rudder and stick, works really well now.
Slickster
Member # 384

posted 03-03-2000 10:06 AM     Profile for Slickster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I can't find the dang thing to buy.

------------------
Rick "Slick" Land

Posts: 551 | From: Fayetteville, AR, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Blond_Knight
Member # 67

posted 03-03-2000 10:14 AM     Profile for Blond_Knight     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I had the S3 Virge/voodoo2 prob also and would get a black screen when I tried to fly. Rowin told me it was the S3 card, and I replaced it with a similar ATI Rage 2c, well it wasnt the S3 card because it still wouldnt work, and they said that they couldnt reproduce the crash. I had to take it back before period expired, but I sure hope they fix whatever the problem is, Id pay $40.00 again easily.
Posts: 1093 | From: Richmond Va - Capital of the Confederacy | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

© COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.