my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Jets   » Throttle Control in SEF 2000 (and one or 2 other niggles!)

Author Topic: Throttle Control in SEF 2000 (and one or 2 other niggles!)
Danny
unregistered

posted 03-02-2000 09:55 AM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi folks,

Ive got a query about SEF 2000. Do you know if anyones knocked out a patch which incorporates the afterburn onto the joystick throttle control? I really love this game, but having to press a key for afterburn is getting annoying!

Also, Im finding that with my current stick )MS Force feedback), you dont seem to be able to pull anymore than about 8.5G, even way above corner speed, and the cannon is very intermittent with the fire button held down. (but the spacebar works fine!) Any suggestions would be appreciated, I know, go buy Total Air War (I have already got this), but Im a Brit and I really like the Eurofighter.

Oh - One other thing, it seems to me when you put the ECM on in SEF2000, you all of a sudden become completely invulnerable to all missiles! Surely this can't be right!

Cheers

Danny

IP: Logged
FM Jump
Member # 1261

posted 03-02-2000 06:51 PM     Profile for FM Jump   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I dont know anything about the afterburner, but your g limit during a turn is controlled ,in part, by your joystick sensitvity setting in the game.
**Fly up to 40 thousand feet, go into a STEEP dive with throttle and after burner
full on, when your speed reaches mach 1.5
pull back hard on the stick and check your maximum g-load.
If its below 9.1, then hit the tilde (~) key to enter setup. Adjust your joystick sensitivity up a little and do the procedure again until you get the max g-load desired.
good flyin,
FM JUMP

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.