my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Jets   » CAP in TAW

Author Topic: CAP in TAW
Ghost5-2
unregistered

posted 03-01-2000 12:18 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Two questions about total airwar

1) When flyin cap, how long do I have to stay on CAP ?

2) It always looks like I have to reach most of the campaign objectives on my own by takin out most of the targets by myself. Is this normal ?

Ghost5-2

IP: Logged
Blond_Knight
Member # 67

posted 03-01-2000 12:53 PM     Profile for Blond_Knight     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I just got it myself about a week ago, but try hitting the keypad "." key in flight and it shows your objectives and wether you have fulfilled them or not yet.

Posts: 1093 | From: Richmond Va - Capital of the Confederacy | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Ghost5-2
unregistered

posted 03-01-2000 12:57 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
blond_knight

I now about that one but when youre on a CAP flight you have no specific objective

Ghost5-2

IP: Logged
Heretic
Member # 722

posted 03-01-2000 01:27 PM     Profile for Heretic   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
here we go ...

1) as long a as remember you can hit the cap point and go about your dutys. I use to plan lone strikes on cap mission hitting the cap going for IP or coming back home.

2) Ho yeaahhh your alone with a stupid dumb general planning the strategy and operations like a mad pig.
Your better traced your strategy and own operation gatter 1000 points to be able to plan your strikes.

Posts: 546 | From: Brasil, Rio de Janeiro | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
wtiger
Member # 3372

posted 03-01-2000 06:41 PM     Profile for wtiger     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
CAP??!

When I fly a CAP mission, I usually will just fly by the CAP waypoint, see if there are any enemy flights on the MFDs, and go after them, AWACS or no AWACS. Otherwise, I immediately head for home. No sense hanging around when there are probably other more juicy assignments waiting on the desk...

In real life, I'd probably get court-martialed, but this is just a game. For me, the point here is to have FUN (unless you're getting paid, that is).

--
wtiger
"Trolling for MIGs"

Posts: 4 | From: Malacca, Malaysia | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.