my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Jets   » opinions

Author Topic: opinions
Dondo
unregistered

posted 02-28-2000 03:59 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I need some opinions, Falcon 4 and Janes f-15 are the same price.... which is better? I would like to try a more "immersive" sim. I have longbow anthology and many softer core sims, just need some ideas......
Dondo

IP: Logged
unregistered

posted 02-28-2000 05:02 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, you lucky the price is the same. But honestly, even if F4 was x2 more expensive, I'd still choose it over F15.
IP: Logged
FM Jump
Member # 1261

posted 02-28-2000 05:10 PM     Profile for FM Jump   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yep,
F4 is more immersive, by far, but is a cpu hog as well.
I like Janes flight model a lot and the Graphics are spectacular and beautiful.
The explosions and stuff are probably a little exagerrated but thats what makes it look sooo good. F4 is probably more realistically downplayed and less dramatic, but will take you much further into alternate reality.
\FM JUMP

Envelope
Member # 275

posted 02-28-2000 05:52 PM     Profile for Envelope   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have heard here that you can get F-15 with Jane's WWII and Comanche for $25, which would be the better deal. Ditto on the hardware concerns with F4. If you have a good video card and lots of memory, you should do OK with a 266, which is what I run it on.
Posts: 2057 | From: Davis, CA, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.