my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Jets   » Jane's A-10 Warthog advert $%*@up!

Author Topic: Jane's A-10 Warthog advert $%*@up!
Tracer
Member # 259

posted 02-27-2000 09:19 AM     Profile for Tracer   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I got PCZone(March),on page 70 it has an official ad for Jane's F/A-18 titled: "And you thought landing on the green from the fairway was hard."
Turn to page 72 Official ad again "The Jane's range" "Take on the world and win"
"F/A-18,688I,A-10 Warthog,Fleet Command,USAF,IAF".

A-10 WARTHOG! when was that released!!
talk about rubbing it in?
"we build sims by the book"-maybe the books all that's in it-Jane's sure as hell probably spent enough on the production run on it!
(maybe with the thick A-10 manual you'll forget about the CD....Yeh right!)
looks like the fires have been relit on A-10 -is this just a major ****up or is it on the burner again??

Tracer

------------------
"Flying is the second greatest thing known to man!
The first is landing!!"

Posts: 681 | From: Edinburgh,Scotland | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
thommo
Member # 2839

posted 02-27-2000 05:50 PM     Profile for thommo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Tracer,
Saw the exact same advert,posted the below on 10/2/2000.

"Gentlemen,
Yesterday (9/2/2000) I purchased the latest PC Zone magazine here (UK) and on page 72, there is an advert for "The Jane's Range". This montage consists of F/A 18, 688(I), Fleet Command, USAF, IAF. Fair enough (although why F-15's not there I'm not sure). But also on there was an A-10 Warthog box.

Now I do know that magazines have a lead time issue, but A-10 was cancelled a while ago now, so why leave this box in the advert? Why NOT change it to F-15?

I know there were a lot of people after this game, so this will not endear them to the sim community. Do they (Janes) have no concept of discretion? It's bad enough that they have farted under the duvet, do they have to hold our heads under it too?

Not impressed."

Well, I'm even less impressed because they ran it in PC GAMER AS WELL.

Don't get me started on Jane's.

------------------
------------------
Tally Ho

Thommo

Posts: 74 | From: Essex, UK | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Lloyd Cole
unregistered

posted 02-27-2000 08:20 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tracer:
I got PCZone(March),on page 70 it has an official ad for Jane's F/A-18 titled: "And you thought landing on the green from the fairway was hard."
Turn to page 72 Official ad again "The Jane's range" "Take on the world and win"
"F/A-18,688I,A-10 Warthog,Fleet Command,USAF,IAF".

[b]A-10 WARTHOG! when was that released!!
talk about rubbing it in?
"we build sims by the book"-maybe the books all that's in it-Jane's sure as hell probably spent enough on the production run on it!
(maybe with the thick A-10 manual you'll forget about the CD....Yeh right!)
looks like the fires have been relit on A-10 -is this just a major ****up or is it on the burner again??

Tracer

[/B]

Official stance on a-10 from Janes.

A-10 is deader than yesterday's roadkill.

The Origin Skunkworks is gone and Jane's is pretty much up in the air as to wheater anything new from the remaing part will ever come to pass.

World War, of which USAF was to be the lynch pin, may not see the light of day.

ANyone thinking the Hog will ever see light of day, at least from Jane's anyway, I've some choice sea side property in the Mojave Desert I'll sell you cheap..

Probably a advertisement screw up..

IP: Logged
JohnUK
Member # 278

posted 02-28-2000 12:32 PM     Profile for JohnUK   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Having just seen the new advert myself, looked here first expecting to see info that it was going to be produced after all. Seems not ?
Hope their switchboard gets screwed up with people asking where they can buy it. On the other hand that might make them think again......... maybe not

Posts: 762 | From: Bournemouth United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
org
unregistered

posted 02-28-2000 03:26 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Not to start a flamewar, but the way Jane's offerings have been declining since Longbow, maybe it's not such a bad thing. Their quality (my opinion only) has dropped to a new low in F/A 18 in flight model, graphics, and documentation.

org

IP: Logged
Heretic
Member # 722

posted 02-28-2000 09:00 PM     Profile for Heretic   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Org,

Please answer me something :
Are you a pilot
have you flow an f18 in your life or even entered in a military simulation of any kind of f18..
What is bad about f-18 can you tell me.
Stop having brainfart in you armchair.
Its not because your probably under rated little box CANīt handle the work and you donīt know the real thing that f18 īs a **** .

Before you start replying :
Iīm not a pilot
Yes iīve entered in turned down military simulation of viper block 50 and f18-A
but this wonīt prove anything.
But.. i read what real flight jockeys says about it and i respect theīre work even if i donīt like it.
More points:
i donīt like janes
I donīt have a single simm of them
Warthog would have been the first
iīm boycotting f18, they can shove it up theyīre asses this is pure retaliation for A10 cancelation.
But i have to admit as iīve seem f18 running and played it :
Its a good piece of work if you have the power to run it.
Ok theyīre code sucks of heavy, ok its campaign its not that good but... Its definitly better than flanker 2 with have no campaign at all.

Janes farted under the duvet hu??
I wouldnīt care if i wasnīt one that had to smell it... As long as i care EA can roll its entire sport collection quite tight, start burning it and shove it up its *** ...

Heretic

On a not so good day...sorry but iīm fuc*ing hostile today...

Posts: 546 | From: Brasil, Rio de Janeiro | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
Blond_Knight
Member # 67

posted 02-29-2000 06:20 AM     Profile for Blond_Knight     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I agree, it is a slap in the face.
Posts: 1093 | From: Richmond Va - Capital of the Confederacy | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

Đ COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.