my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Jets   » Total Air War screen res question

Author Topic: Total Air War screen res question
Blond_Knight
Member # 67

posted 02-21-2000 05:30 PM     Profile for Blond_Knight     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hello Kamerades,
I see TAW on sale at EB for $14.99 and I thought about getting it, but I was wondering about the screen resolution and graphics. Is it limited to 640x480? or is it adjustable? Also what about the level of graphic detail is it comparable to say F-15, or F4?
Anything bad about the sim?
Thanks

Posts: 1093 | From: Richmond Va - Capital of the Confederacy | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Ser
Member # 3115

posted 02-21-2000 05:54 PM     Profile for Ser   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Resolution is up to 800x600.This sim is classic of a genre and a lot of fun to play. Read about it on this very site!
Posts: 26 | From: Kaliningrad Russia | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Blond_Knight
Member # 67

posted 02-21-2000 06:07 PM     Profile for Blond_Knight     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I guess what Im looking for is something like F4, BUT will run a little faster on my 266mz than F4. Plus all the options and abilities in F4 have spoiled me...so how does TAW compare to F4?
Posts: 1093 | From: Richmond Va - Capital of the Confederacy | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
von_M
Member # 181

posted 02-23-2000 07:10 PM     Profile for von_M   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
S! BK!

Total Air War is still a great game, should run smooth as silk with full options on your computer. As for action, its good too, much better AI than F4, and it doesn't have the nuances that F4 does. However, its atmosphere isn't as good, not too much of a ground war, and war against Ethiopia isn't as believable as they make it out to be.

At that price, however, its a must buy.

von Manstein

Posts: 459 | From: London, Ontario. Canada | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Blond_Knight
Member # 67

posted 02-24-2000 09:52 AM     Profile for Blond_Knight     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Von_M!
Good to see you again Mein Kameraden.
It seems well put together but the lack of reassignable keys makes it a pain to learn all the different configs. Plus it looks just like EF2000 V2 only with 3D. I also notice that the ground objects arent as well textured as in F-15 BUT the ground doesnt get that sudden blur at a distance.

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.